Chapter 3~ A Pleasant Surprise

''Mum, is Louis awake?!'' someone called from outside the room to my door and I cursed as I realized that I was still in Doncaster. I really messed up.

''He probably is now with all your yelling,'' my mum called back as she laughed, ''don't be too rowdy if you wake him up, sweetie, he's having a bit of a rough day.''

''Okay,'' the other voice called back. My door creaked open and I sighed, lifting my head from the pillow as the person entered my room. ''Louis?'' they called before flipping on the lights and I covered my eyes quickly, ''mum said you stayed home from school today, are you feeling okay?''

My eyes snapped open as soon as I registered who it was and I sat up in my bed to look at Lottie. She looked so little; she looked like she was twelve again. ''I'm feeling fine,'' I told her and she smiled at me.

''Well, daddy said that him and mum need help with Phoebe and Daisy,'' Lottie told me. She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me out of the bed, failing miserably. I looked around the room before standing up to follow her and my eyes landed on a calendar hanging on my wall.

November 18th, 2011.

That means that I'm nineteen, almost twenty. What am I still doing at home? Shouldn't I be in college right now? ''Lottie, why am I not in college?'' I asked her as we exited my room.

She stopped walking for a moment and looked at me side ways, ''you got held back last year because you let your grades fall.''

''Oh,'' I said and she started to pull on my arm again to make me walk.

''Are you sure you're feeling okay, Louis?'' she questioned.

I nodded, ''yeah, just a little confused is all.''

''Louis!'' I heard a voice call from down the hallway and my head snapped to look at Fizzy who ran down the hallway to hug me. I caught her at the last second and lifted her up into a hug. If it was 2011 than Fizzy was about 11 and the twins are about six.

''Come on, Fizzy, let him go. We have to help mum and dad with the twins, you'll see him later,'' Lottie said as she rolled her eyes. Come to think of it, this was actually quite nice; I liked seeing my sisters again.

''Fine, but he has to help me with some homework later,'' she replied before releasing me and I set her down, ''and I want to tell him all about my day today at school.''

Lottie nodded before pulling me towards the kitchen again. As soon as we stepped in it was like walking into a war zone. My mum was trying to get Daisy to sit down in her chair at the same time as she was getting on her work clothes. Mark was chasing a streaking Phoebe around the living room as Phoebe squealed happily. I shook my head and laughed as I walked over and grabbed Phoebe before she could get past us. Lottie picked up Daisy and mum smiled at us before kissing our cheeks softly and poking the twins on their noses to make them laugh.

''Thank you guys so much, c'mon Mark, the kids have got it covered,'' my mum called and Mark came out to open the door for her.

''Thanks kids,'' he called back to us before following her out. So, my mum and step dad are still together and they seem pretty happy so I'm guessing something changed when I didn't make it through X-factor. I wonder what else changed beside my family and school life.

''Come on, Louis, lets get them into their baths,'' Lottie instructed and I followed her up to the bathroom to help.

''So, did mum have a birth to go to?'' I asked her and she nodded.

''Yeah, Mrs. Harper started having contractions,'' she told me before running the bath.

''Mrs. Harper?'' I figured it was another one of the women my mum was a midwife for but I wanted to make sure.

''Seriously? Did you hit your head or something? Mrs. Harper, the woman who has Hyperemesis Gravidarum,'' Lottie informed me.

''Oh,'' I sighed as though that made sense to me. This was all just too weird to process. It was nice to see my family still together but I really wished it was under different circumstances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I now that this is really short. Big Bang theory is on so I'm a little distracted right now. This kind of just explains a little bit before I head on to the next chapter which is a little more important. :) See you next time.

-cow_queen