Chapter 4~ Jock, Pops, and Nerds

Have I ever mentioned that I really hated school? Well I do. Besides the obvious problems- crappie lunches, small lockers, horrible teachers, etc.- there was the ever present attitudes of the high and mighty kids. It was bad enough before the X-Factor, but with this alternate reality thing going on it was even worse. If I thought I wasn't cool before, I really wasn't cool now. Not to mention, it kind of hurts when you realize that some people were only nice to you when they realized what you were after.

I had no idea where to go because I couldn't remember what my schedule would be for the life of me. No one was helping me; they would take one look at who I was and they walk away. I had even tried to put my hair into the style it had been before this mess happened to see if anyone remembered anything about the band. I knew there was a slim chance there but I was practically going insane thinking that I might never go back to my real life.

When I had woken up this morning everything just sort of hit me. Kind of like walking into the middle of a street and BAM! A semi-truck hits you. No, worse than that, more like a plane lands on you or something along those lines. The day before had been nice because I got to see my sisters and talk and I learned a little about what had been happening. The hardest part was knowing that they had no idea of what was really going on.

If I could find just one person that knew I was telling the truth....

''Watch where you're going, reject,'' a rather muscular guy said after he brushed up against me slightly. I sneered at him slightly before walking further down the hallway, trying to find a place where I wouldn't be plagued by the more... gutsy social groups. I finally reached the library and I pushed the door open only to have it hit someone who was coming out of the library. Crap, why am I having such bad luck with today?

I quickly crouched beside them when I was in the library picking up their books for them and stacking them up. ''I'm so sorry, I didn't...'' I trailed off when I came to one of the books I had picked up.

Wishes, Curses, and How to Undo Them

I looked up at the person who looked up at me just at the same time to form a cliché moment if it hadn't been for who it was. ''It's you!'' we both exclaimed at the same time, her in anger and I in excitement.

''I knew you were from Doncaster!'' I proclaimed happily.

''I knew you were an ass!'' she countered.

I raised an eyebrow at her with slight amusement. ''Excuse me,'' I replied sassily, ''what did I do?''

''What did you do? What did you do?!'' she growled slightly before standing up and bringing her books with her, ''I don't know, why don't you tell me what you did? One second I'm laying in a hotel room in New York, and the next I'm waking up to this hell hole!''

''So you do remember!'' I said excitedly. Someone shushed us and we both glared at them simultaneously.

She gave me a funny look, ''how could I forget, it was too cruel to all just be a dream. To have a reality like that ripped away and end up back here.''

''I know, meeting me is too amazing to be a dream, isn't it?'' I replied cockily.

''You're a pompous arse,'' she told me, ''and you're going to fix this.''

''Maybe I don't want this fixed, after all, you did say that you only date normal boys,'' I stated with a shrug.

''You're such a liar,'' she snorted, ''I bet you went around crying to your mum when you found out you where here.''

I glared at her, ''okay, fine, I want to get back to how it was before.''

''Good, then we both agree on that,'' she nodded, ''so what did you do to get us back here?''

''I wished I was normal at 11:11,'' I answered with a sigh, hiking up my backpack so that it was back on my shoulder.

She hit me upside the head and then yelled at me under her breath, ''you idiot!''

I rubbed my head slightly and narrowed my eyes at her, ''you're a violent little girl.''

''If you call me a little girl again I'll get a lot more violent,'' she told me and I raised my hands in surrender.

''Okay, but I don't have anything else to call you, and it's the truth, you're pretty short,'' I chuckled.

''I am not! I'm an average height for my age!'' she argued and I raised my hands again.

''Relax, I was only kidding.''

''How can you kid at a time like this?'' she questioned, ''last time I checked, you weren't living in the lap of luxury.''

''It helps me get over stuff,'' I supplied, ''you just need to lighten up a bit.''

She sighed heavily and laid her stuff down on one of the nearby tables in the library. ''Well, I don't plan on staying here any longer than I have to, so we have to find a way to get back.''

''Anything helpful in that book of yours?'' I wondered.

''I don't know, I just checked it out,'' she stated. The bell rang and I looked at her, waiting for her to make a move to leave or say something. She didn't for a second and I raised an eyebrow, trying to think of something.

''Why don't I come to your house after school?'' I suggested and she quickly shook her head.

''That's not a good idea, how about we just stay after school and meet here?'' she countered.

I shook my head this time, ''cant. My mum and dad said I have to watch my sisters today because she has to help a client.''

''Maybe I can come to your house then?'' she prompted.

''Are you okay with kids?'' I asked. She nodded and I thought about it for a second, ''okay, do you need the address?''

''I'll ask you later, we should get to class,'' she rushed before heading off in a random direction. I couldn't help but smile as I walked to the office. I found someone who believed me and hated being here in a normal life just as much as I did. Maybe even a lot more than I hated it. Then I realized I still didn't know her name...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! Well, I actually liked this chapter. I hope you did too! :)

-cow_queen