Chapter 54~ Snooze

***Annalise's P.O.V.***

My eyes danced over Louis' sleeping features once again as his bare chest slowly rose and fell. His hair was slightly damp with sweat, and a few strands stuck to his forehead and the side of his face. He was hogging a lot of the blankets even though he usually accused me of doing just that. Every once and a while, his eyes would twitch as if he was about to open them but nothing happened. He was sleeping so soundly that I doubted that he would wake up any time soon.

When he showed up at the door of the hotel room, god, I thought I had lost my sanity for a moment. I had imagined seeing him almost a thousand times while we were separated from each other, but none of them were as great as that moment. It was impossible to overlook his appearance, though; it was entirely off. It was so obvious that he hadn't been sleeping properly, and I found myself questioning just how much sleep he was getting. The dark bags under his eyes looked so deep, and the way that he carried himself was so concerning.

I had slept better than Louis while we were apart. A lot of things were easier for me; I knew that Louis remembered, after all. Louis, however, had no way of knowing if I had all of the memories. I had cried a few times; there were a few days where I felt like I just couldn't take the worrying and loneliness of not seeing him. From the way that he had reacted earlier, I had a feeling that he had cried a lot more than a handful of times.

He was so eager to do everything; so eager to hold me, kiss me, and of course he eagerly responded to my implications of sex. The second I would pull away, he would be bringing me back as if he couldn't handle the separation for even a second. There was something about the eagerness that I enjoyed. But he was beyond tired afterwards, and I thought that it would be best to let him sleep. I had even offered to take the other bed in hopes of giving him a more restful sleep, but he had immediately protested. So, my chest was pressed to his side and my cheek laid on the flatter part of his shoulder. It was quite comfortable, and his arm wrapped around my waist only helped.

Suddenly, Louis startled awake, and the muscles in his stomach and chest tightened while his eyes snapped open. He didn't even have to explain his urgent wake up; I had a pretty good idea that it had to do with a nightmare or something along those lines. "I'm right here," I assured him while laying my right hand flat against his chest and over his heart. The beat was faster than it had been only moments before, but it began to calm under my touch. "Just go back to sleep," I looked up at him when I spoke, and he strained his neck a little to see me. His eyes were already drooping closed again, and before I could even count to ten he had drifted off. It was a little amusing, actually.

I couldn't do much while I was wrapped in Louis' arms; there was no way that I would be able to break from the grip and grab the remote. My only options were to sleep or to think, and I wasn't exactly tired. My adrenaline had been powering me through the whole entire time that Louis was there, and it had yet to wear off. I was just so excited to have him back, and there was no taking the feeling away. So, I settled with thinking and let my fingers dance over his various tattoos.

I had done a lot of things while Louis and I had been apart; I had been so productive that it surprised me. When I had woken up in New York, I knew that I had to find some way to get to Louis. I worked with a realtor to sell my house in Doncaster so that I had enough money to get somewhat close to Louis. I was so close too; I had gone to a concert of the boys and stayed late at the venue in order to call something out to him that I knew he would recognize. He heard me, but he got pulled away before he could see me and damn that about broke my heart all over again.

After that, I had resigned myself to the fact that there was little else that I could do, and I went back to London to stay at the infamous hotel. I knew that Louis would think about it eventually; he was clever. As I waited for him, I had decided to do my research a little bit. I had found some pretty interesting things, and I was eager to share them with Louis.