Chapter 7~ Take a Chance

''Hey, Annalise?'' I said when I finally found my voice and looked up at her from over the top of the laptop.

''Yeah?'' she looked up with a hopeful glimmer in her eyes as she looked at me.

''How would you feel about going on a road trip?'' I prompted and her hopeful look turned to one of confusion and then of fear for a fraction of a second.

''What do you mean?'' she wondered.

''How old are you?'' I questioned and she narrowed her eyes at me.

''Eighteen, why?'' she replied skeptically.

''Good, so you don't need your parents permission....'' I trailed off and she stiffened in her seat.

''Louis, what are you talking about?'' she persisted, ''I don't need my parent's permission for what?''

''A road trip, you know; blow off school to try and fix this mess,'' I suggested. She sat back in her chair after a moment of pondering the idea and watched me as if she expected me to take back the idea. However, I just sat there watching her also to try and gauge her reaction.

''Why would we go on a road trip?'' she interrogated.

I turned the laptop so that she could see and she pushed away the book she had been reading in order to pull the laptop closer to herself. She read over the article first before looking up at me and waving her hand telling me to explain. ''The article says that Harry said that the boys were going back to their hometowns to try and live normal lives. Maybe, if we can go talk to them we can convince them to get back into a band with me and we can talk to Simon because they must know him if they were a band.''

''Louis, this is all based on the hope that they'll listen to a complete stranger about getting back into a band that they might not even want to get into,'' Annalise argued.

''But it's a start,'' I persuaded.

''Its illogical,'' she stated before shutting the laptop.

''Illogical or against the rules?'' I enquired, ''you're a goody two shoes, aren't you? Too afraid to go against whatever your parents tell you to do and you know that they wont let you so you wont go.''

''I can assure you; my parents do not govern what I do,'' she grinned out through gritted teeth as she glared at me.

''Prove it,'' I provoked, ''take a chance and come on this trip with me to get the band back together.''

''If you're right and this does work than we are never coming back here, Louis. Okay?''

''Okay?''

''Promise,'' she demanded.

''Why do I need to promise?''

''Just do it,'' she told me and I flinched slightly as she managed once again to intimidate me.

''Okay, okay; I promise,'' I offered and she nodded in approval.

''When do we go?'' she questioned. I looked back at my sisters who were all seated on the couch a fair distance away from us watching some kids show. I had been back for less than a few days and even though I would've liked to connect with my family; I didn't really consider them my family. Well, I did, but they weren't like they used to be and I kind of missed the old stuff.

''Two days,'' I told her and she hesitantly nodded before grabbing her bag and putting her stuff away.

''I have a car we can take,'' she offered, ''it's my father's but he wont miss it.''

''you sure?'' I checked.

''Trust me; I'm sure,'' she assured me before walking to the door of my house and then turning around again. ''Here, give me your number and I'll text you when you should come over or if anything changes.'' I nodded and gave her my number before she actually left and I was left alone with four sleepy girls sitting on a couch watching a kids show. Two more days of being normal and that felt like two days too many...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for another short chapter, I might update again tomorrow though since it was so short and I hope the next chapter will be a bit more interesting. Someone comes into the picture so I hope it is. See you soon.

-cow_queen