Bait

Yosuga groaned rather loudly when she heard her name being called, pulling her out of her light sleep. She opened one eye with a scowl, glaring at Sakura who stood in front of her with a sheepish smile.

"What." She drawled, dragging out the vowel.

"Uh, Kakashi-Sensei says we have a mission." Sakura rubbed the back of her head. Yosuga huffed out a breath, opening both her eyes and looking around.

"I got electrocuted, can't I sit this one out? Everyone else gets to sleep." She mumbled, leaning her head back against the wall.

"Sorry." Sakura smiled wryly.

"Yosu-chan get up! We have to help Sasuke!" Naruto yelled, grabbing Yosuga by the arms and pulling her to her feet.

"Hey, let go." Yosuga quickly snatched her arms away, crossing them. "If we're gonna go, then let's go already."

"Sakura will fill you in on the mission details. Go now!" Kakashi ordered. Lead by a small dog, Yosuga, Sakura, Naruto and Shikamaru left the arena through a hole in the wall.

"They got you too, Shikamaru?" Yosuga questioned, running next to said Ninja.

"I tried to stay out of it, but here I am." He sighed. "What a drag."

Sakura quickly explained the mission. They were to catch up with Sasuke, and stop him. From dying, or killing Gaara, they would have to see.

"That guy..." Yosuga sighed. "Making me work when I don't want to. Who does he think he is?"

"And why am I being pulled into this? This is such a drag." Shikamaru added.

"You said it." Yosuga agreed.

"It can't be helped! It's Kakashi-sensei's orders!" Sakura spoke. They fell into silence for a while, Pakkun leading them to Sasuke.

"...So the village is under attack, huh?" Yosuga suddenly spoke, more to herself than anyone else. She sighed. "This sure does- We're being followed!"

"Huh? By who?" Naruto questioned.

"Eight people in two squads." Pakkun answered. "No, there's one more. There are nine people following us."

"C'mon! Already? Give me a break!" Shikamaru complained.

"Kakashi and Guy-Sensei should have covered for us, why do we already have people on our tail!?" Yosuga groaned for the umpteenth time that day. All of a sudden, they stopped.

"Hey! What's the point in stopping!?" Naruto blurted.

"Shut up and follow me." Pakkun spoke, walking backwards. "We're going back on our footprints. If we do that, it'll look to them like our footprints suddenly disappeared."

"But even if we do this, they'll notice!" Naruto argued as he walked into his footprints. Shikamaru, Sakura, and Yosuga did the same.

"It will save us some time. That's enough." Pakkun said, sitting on a tree branch. "It will be a matter of great celebration if our pursuers get impatient, cloud their eyes of pursuit, and lose our trail."

"That is highly unlikely. These are Sound Ninja. They don't give up so easily." Yosuga narrowed her eyes in distaste as she jumped up to a tree branch.

"Hurry up, Naruto!" Sakura yelled at the blond, who was still retracing his steps. "There's no time!"

"I know!" Naruto grumbled.