Mirrors and Dreams

"Now that I've come, you're alright!" Naruto spoke. "The hero of the story generally appears in this kind of situation and takes out the enemy in no time!"

"He's long on talk." Sasuke criticized with his arm around Yosuga's shoulder so she could help him stand. Yosuga shook her head solemnly.

"He is going to get himself killed."

"All right, here I go! Shadow Clone Jutsu-" Naruto was cut off with Zabuza throwing shuriken at him.

"Get out of the way!" Yosuga yelled, but Naruto stayed frozen in his place. Haku threw senbon to cut off Zabuza's attack. Yosuga sighed in relief.

"To think the enemy attacks would cancel each other out... that's really lucky." Tazuna exclaimed.

"Stop being an idiot, Naruto! Think things through!" Yosuga scolded.

"Hey! What kind of idiot would attempt to cast a jutsu directly in front of an opponent!?" Kakashi joined her in scolding Naruto. "The essence of a ninja is deception. How you deceive your opponent. Even casting one jutsu, you avoid the eyes of your opponent, catch them off balance, and outsmart them. The way you made your entrance earlier, that's just you coming to be a target."

"What? No way! But I went through the trouble of coming to the rescue!" Naruto wailed.

"Haku... what's the idea?" Zabuza asked.

"Zabuza, leave this kid to me. Please let me fight this battle my way." Haku answered.

"And the girl?" Zabuza questioned. Yosuga tensed, cursing under her breath. It was a bad idea to move from her place in front of Tazuna and she knew it. Now she was another target.

"...Her as well."

"Hm. So you mean no interfering... Haku? You're naïve... as usual..."

"I'm sorry."

"As for me, I'll take you out first, so!" Naruto intervened. "That mask... You were Zabuza's comrade, after all, weren't you! You've got nerve to deceive us!"

"I'm sorry." Haku apologized again. "But, your teacher also said it, didn't he? Things like deceiving and catching one off guard is a Shinobi's duty. Please don't take it personally."

Yosuga looked at Sasuke when she felt him shift, taking out a kunai and throwing it at Haku. With a tilt of his head, Haku easily dodged the kunai.

"I haven't forgotten about you." Haku turned to them. "I would rather you had just gone down quietly. But it looks like it won't work that way. And now your comrade has to die, too. Fine, I'll put an end to it first." He walked into the mirror again. Sasuke leaned off of Yosuga, signaling that he would stand on his own. She let go of him to take out one of her own kunai. The real body of Haku was in her vision, so if she could just take it out- "I'm over here." Yosuga and Sasuke turned around to see the body had moved into a mirror behind them before being reflected into all of the mirrors.

Yosuga barely had time to take a breath before senbon came from every angle to attack them. Yosuga held in a yelp of pain on instinct and held her arms in front of her face to try to protect some part of her body. She heard Sasuke scream again.

"Sasuke! Yosuga!" She heard Naruto yell to them. She fell to the ground when the senbon needles stopped flying. She cursed herself for coming inside the dome. Why couldn't she be smart and stay outside with Sakura? She looked up at the mirrors. If the images of Haku's body were just clones, then what would be the need for the mirrors? The clones must not be just ordinary, then. The mirrors must be a crucial part to the jutsu, or else what would be the point of having them?

"If we could break the mirrors..." Yosuga muttered, but Sasuke heard her and looked to her. "All we can do is attack from the inside, and have Naruto attack from the outside, and hope it works. They're made of ice, right? That shouldn't be too hard to break." She whispered, hoping to be quiet enough that Haku wouldn't hear. Sasuke nodded. Though before they could do anything, Naruto appeared before them.

"Yo! I came to save you." He not-so-quietly whispered. Yosuga looked at him with wide eyes.

"You idiot! If you're a Shinobi, you'll move more cautiously!" Sasuke scolded.

"What's with you? I came to the rescue, you know! Yosuga agrees with me..." Naruto looked at Yosuga, who shook the look of shock from her face before replacing it with a look of annoyance.

"I most certainly do not! If you also come inside the mirrors... All three of us are done for!"

"Dang it! I've had it, you fool!" Sasuke gives up.

"Fool? What do you mean by fool!?" Naruto exclaims.

"He means fool as in you! You're making the situation worse and worse as each minute passes! Use. Your. Head!" Yosuga stands up along with Sasuke.

"Since it's come to this, all that is left is to smash the mirrors!" He makes handsigns to cast a jutsu. "Fire Style..."

"Hey, what are you going to do?" Naruto questioned. Yosuga understood.

"Fire Style, these are mirrors made with ice, freezing water, so they should melt just like normal ice." She answered.

"If so... Fireball Jutsu!" Sasuke spat fire from his mouth, hitting the mirrors spot on, but not one of them melted.

"The mirrors didn't melt..."

"It's not working at all!" Naruto shouted.

"They won't melt with that level of firepower." Haku replied and soon, another wave of senbon came. Being caught off guard, Yosuga let out a yelp of pain with the needles slicing through her skin. The three of them were thrown back.

"Darn it! Where'd he attack? Is it the clones?" Naruto asked. "Where's the real body?"

"It's useless for you to even attempt following with your eyes." Haku commented. "I absolutely will not be caught."

"Hmph. Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto casted a jutsu.

"Don't!" Sasuke tried to stop him, but was ignored. Naruto's clones were quickly defeated and he was thrown back once again.

"This is a teleportation Jutsu that uses mirrors that can reflect only my image. Watching you from the speed I move... it almost seems as if you aren't moving at all." Haku explained.

"Teleportation jutsu? Then, they're not clones..." Yosuga spoke to herself.

"Darn it. So... what? I can't die here yet. 'Cause I have a dream that I must turn into reality... The dream to have my strength recognized by everyone in the village, and become Hokage!" Naruto yelled. Haku spoke up again.

"For me, becoming a Shinobi completely is difficult. If I can, I don't want to kill you guys... And I don't want to get killed by you guys... But if you guys are going to come at me... I'll kill my feelings with a sword and completely become a Shinobi. This bridge is the battleground that connects each of us to our dreams. I, for the sake of my dream. And you, for the sake of your dreams. Please don't hold it against me... I want to protect the person dear to me... I work for the sake of that person; I fight for that person, and I want to make that person's dream a reality. That's my dream. For the sake of my dream, I will completely become a Shinobi... and kill you guys!" He held up a senbon, ready for the next attack.

Yosuga, Naruto, and Sasuke smirked, ready to fight again.