Healing and Arm Breaking

"Squirming... New Leaf Village worms have come out." Dosu spat as the girl on their team slowly woke up, finally coming into commission.

"Three on two?" Daisuke smirked. "Seems fair enough."

"Make that three on two, now." Sakura stood between the two boys. Takeshi looked at her through the corner of his eye. Both of them knew that Sakura wasn't exactly the most useful in battle.

"Sakura, you can't-" Daisuke tried to stop her, but Sakura shook her head.

"I won't be any help to Yosuga if I'm sitting on the sidelines and crying. I'm not as strong as you guys, but I still want to help." She spoke, determined.

"Fine, just don't get in the way." Takeshi muttered, making hand signs and beginning the battle. He took on Dosu while Daisuke had Zaku and Sakura was left with the girl.

"This should be fun."

***

Not long after the battle had started, a strange aura started to come from the cave. Ryuu took his attention off of Yosuga for a second to see what it was, and his eyes landed on Sasuke, whose face was twisted into a look of pain. Ryuu frowned, moving closer to the boy. He wasn't sure if it was okay to touch him or not, but that was the only way he could see how much damage Sasuke had taken. On the outside, he looked okay, but the inside could be a whole other story.

Sasuke's eyes shot open right when Ryuu was about to lay a hand on his forehead. He slowly stood up as Ryuu backed away. By now everyone had sensed his murderous aura and halted their actions. Looking around, Sasuke spotted Yosuga, who laid unconscious not too far away from him, and Sakura, who sat bruised and battered on the ground, her hair now cut into a short bob. Daisuke stood panting next to Takeshi, who hadn't broken a sweat. The girl had been defeated by Daisuke and Sakura, who then went on to fight Zaku while the two boys battled Dosu. Ryuu, seeing Sasuke look at Yosuga, scooted back to her side to continue healing her.

"Sakura," he called, walking out into the open area. His voice was slow and venomous. "Who did this to you?"

"W-what?" Sakura squeaked, caught off guard by Sasuke's bloodthirsty demeanor.

"I did." Zaku smirked, cockily pointing at himself. "I did it to both of them, actually. But I'd have to say the other one was way for fun. At least she put up a fi-" Before he could finish his sentence, Zaku was on the ground with Sasuke's foot against his back and his arms pulled behind him, to point where they would brake if they were pulled any harder.

"You seem... Really attached to these arms..." A terrifying grin stretched across Sasuke's face as he harshly pulled Zaku's arms. The grin on Sasuke's face only grew when Zaku's scream flooded the entire area.

It looked like Sasuke was about to do more damage, but stopped when a crying Sakura clung to his back, begging him to stop. It was then that Sasuke let go of the enemy ninja, his arms falling limp at his sides. The enemy ninja decided that Sasuke was too powerful for them, and fled the scene, leaving behind their scroll.

Rock Lee's team came out from the bushes to retrieve their teammate, and Naruto woke up to go crazy over Sakura's change in hairstyle. Sasuke for the most part had gone back to normal but still seemed to be on edge more than usual.

Back in the cave, Ryuu had mostly finished healing Yosuga, but she still wasn't awake. Exhausted, he sat back to take a brake. His body felt empty and he could hear his heartbeat loud and clear as he slightly panted.

"How is she?" Everyone had gathered in the cave now looking at Yosuga with worry. Ryuu looked up at Takeshi, who had asked the question.

"Better." He answered. "I managed to heal her minor injuries and anything life threatening, as well as a little less than half her internal damage, but the hole in her stomach is gonna require a bit more work, and I don't have nearly enough chakra for that. We'll have to wrap it up and let it naturally heal, at least until we can get her to a hospital. And she'll be in quite a bit of pain when she wakes up."

Takeshi frowned at the hospital part. If Yosuga was admitted into the hospital, her father would hear about it, and that definitely would not end well for her.

"Yosuga won't agree to go to the hospital." He lied. Ryuu sighed.

"I figured as much." He took out a roll of bandage and started to wrap her abdomen up. Her jacket had already been opened and her shirt was already lifted to show the wound. Naruto looked around, confused. He didn't really understand most of what was said.

"Wait so she'll be okay, right!?" He loudly questioned. Daisuke chuckled.

"Yeah, she'll be fine." He spoke, putting a hand on the hyperactive ninja's shoulder.

***

It was late noon when Yosuga woke up, the sun already setting. Takeshi's team had left not long after Ryuu finished bandaging her up. Her team on the other hand had made camp by a river where fish had already been caught and was now roasting over a fire.

The first thing evident to Yosuga was a searing pain in her abdomen, but that was the only pain she felt besides a dull throbbing on the inside. She suspected that she was healed, and remembered seeing Ryuu's face before falling unconscious. She knew he was trained in medical ninjutsu, but she didn't know he was this good.

Yosuga would be lying if she said she wasn't hungry, especially with the smell of cooked fish invading her nostrils. But at the moment all she wanted to do was lie on the ground and look at the stars. It didn't take her long to remember that she was covered from head to toe in blood, but right now that wasn't her focus. She wanted to forget everything, even if it were just for tonight.

As she gazed at the stars, her team noticed her being awake but chose not to say anything. They decided she might need some space, like she usually did after nearly dying.

After a while, Yosuga's stomach started to growl, but she ignored it. She wasn't ready to move yet. She would very much prefer laying there forever over getting up to get food.

Though, after a while, a fish on a stick was held in front of her face. Yosuga looked at it, then up at whoever gave it to her. It was Sasuke, to Yosuga's mild surprise. She slowly took it out of his hand and stared at it.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Aren't you going to eat it?" Sasuke questioned, sitting down next to her. Yosuga didn't answer for a while, noting the difference in his demeanor and voice. It was slight, but it was there.

"Did something happen?" She answered his question with one of her own. Sasuke froze. "It's that mark on your neck, isn't it? It hurts, doesn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking ab-"

"Don't lie to me." Yosuga's voice hardened a bit, but was still soft. "You're different. Tense. Something must have happened." She took a bite out of her fish.

"Nothing happened." Sasuke insisted. Yosuga shrugged, handing him her fish.

"Fine." She slowly got up and dusted herself off. One of her hands grazed a spot of half-dried blood on her jacket, and she stared at it. "I'm going to go wash."

Yosuga strode off into the woods to find a spot to bathe while Sasuke glared at her back. He didn't need her in his business.