It Begins Part II

"Begin!" The proctor announced, but neither moved for a moment.

The first attack was from Yosuga, who threw a barrage of shuriken at Minami. Minami withdrew her sword, blocking all of the attacks and continuously thrusting her sword at her sister in different places. Her thrusts were quick as lightning, her sword being thin and light enough for her to easily move it around with speed and precision. Yosuga easily kept up, moving in just enough time for the sword to barely graze her skin.

Getting tired of the thrusts, Yosuga grabbed the thin blade of the sword and pushed herself up, using both of her feet to kick Minami in the chest. Minami flew across the field, but flipped in midair so she could land on her feet. She landed in a crouch, watching for a second as Yosuga hissed, wrenching her hand from the blade of the sword. She threw it to the ground. Blood pooled in the palm of her hand from the tiny holes in her hand.

There were tiny spikes on the blade of the needle-like sword, making Yosuga wrinkle her nose. This was the blade that pierced through Takeshi's chest. How much did it hurt?

Caught up in her thoughts for a split second too long, Yosuga almost didn't see the barrage of fiery balls that nearly scorched her before she jumped away. A piece of her shirt and the bare skin of the side of her waist had been a bit burned, but she barely felt it. She had to pay attention. No spacing out. She made a couple hand signs, creating four lightning clones. She couldn't afford to waste chakra, so she would have to be careful with these. She needed her plan to work.

The clones began to twirl, creating an electric current that soon turned into four miniature tornadoes. They sped towards Minami, who dodged each of them as they followed her. Yosuga hung back in the shadow of a tree, creating small balls of lightning in her hand. She circled the arena, rolling the balls towards Minami as the tornados cornered her.

A took a while, but finally Minami stepped on one of the balls, sending an electric current through her body. As the tornados dissipated, Yosuga knocked Minami's feet out from under her, and planted a foot on her throat. Though, when she watched as Minami smiled, she quickly moved back. The cursed under her breath, getting as far away as she could in the two seconds she had to move.

She wasn't fast enough.

As Minami's clone exploded, Yosuga was thrown back against the wall. As she slid to the ground, she held the back of her head, feeling a sticky liquid seep through her hair. She barely had time to recuperate before Minami's sword was thrown at her like a dart, just making contact with the skin beside her eye as she quickly moved her head. She was stupid for thinking Minami would go down so easy. She started to pant.

"She's getting tired." Daisuke remarked.

"Well four lightning clones take a lot out of you." Ryuu shrugged. "That's a lot of chakra lost for one attack."

"Minami isn't looking too good either." Shikamaru added.

"Yeah, the whole exploding clone thing was cool, but it doesn't look like she'll be doing that again." Ryuu agreed.

Yosuga pushed herself off the floor, looking up at Minami, who's eyes were now lighter. Her arm was stretched out in front of her, her hand pointing a finger at Yosuga. The Rerugan. Yosuga's eyes widened a fraction. Whispers erupted from the once quiet crowd.

"Isn't that lethal?"

"On her own sister?"

"Scary."

"YOU CAN DO IT, YOSU-CHAN! DON'T GIVE UP!"

Yosuga rolled her eyes at the last comment, knowing exactly who it came from. Though as the first bullet sped towards her, she quickly turned her attention to Minami again. She didn't move until the last second, turning to the side to it would hit the wall.

It isn't easy to dodge a Rerugan bullet. For some, you simply can't do it. It follows its target until it reaches its destination. The user latches onto the opponents chakra, and that's what the bullet follows.

The second bullet quickly followed. Yosuga made hand signs, creating a block of dirt in front of her to stop the bullet. Making a lightning clone, she had it take the next bullet. Three down. She just had to block two more-

She didn't have to time to finish her thought, a bullet smacking into her chest. She jolted, a flash of electricity running through her body for just a second, but that was all it needed to do damage. Yosuga crumpled to the ground, shocks still shaking her body in five second intervals. As Minami dropped her arm, she looked down at Yosuga who convulsed in pain. Would the next death in her family also be on her hands? Guilt plagued her mind as she watched her sister writhe in pain, but never make a sound.

"Yosu-chan! Get up! You have to get up! Come on!" Naruto cried. Yosuga groaned.

"Idiot." She muttered, slowly sitting up. She brought her hand up, crackling with electricity. Minami's eyes widened as she looked down. Yosuga's chakra balls still littered the ground, most of them in the center of the arena, by Minami's feet. "I don't need you to cheer me on." Yosuga closed her hand into a fist, and her chakra balls simultaneously exploded, erupting into one big electric current, with Minamj right in the middle. The arena lit up with the light blue electricity.

Minami didn't scream. When the current died down, she fell back, her limp body hitting the ground with a hard thud. Yosuga looked at her body without an expression, standing up through the pain of the shocks she was still receiving. A breath of relief exited Yosuga when she saw Minami's chest move up and down. She didn't kill her. That was a good thing.

The crowd erupted into cheers. Cheering for the girl who had so mercilessly beat her sister. Cheered for the girl who could have killed her sister. Cheered for the girl who probably would have killed her sister, if it had come down to it.

She quietly walked back to the arena, shocks halting her movements every couple steps. An arm wrapped around her waist when she went up the stairs, a hand putting her arm around their neck. Yosuga lazily looked at them through the corner of her eye.

"You did well, Kaeru-San." Daichi smiled. Yosuga narrowed her eyes.

"Shouldn't you be on crutches?" She mumbled.

"I told you I was going to train." Daichi grinned. Yosuga rolled her eyes.

"Yosu-chan! You won!" Naruto ran up to her. Daichi pulled her away a bit when Naruto got too close for his liking.

"I know that, idiot." She closed her eyes, taking a painful breath.

"Do you need me to heal you? You don't look so good." Ryuu put out his hands. Yosuga waved him off.

"Save your chakra for your match." She shook her head, wriggling out of Daichi's hold and sitting on the ground, her back against the wall.

"Yeah, 'cause I won't go easy on you!" Daisuke added with a grin. Ryuu rolled his eyes.

Yosuga closed her eyes, wiping away the stream of blood the fell from her lips with the back of her hand. She wasn't going to sleep, just relax for now. She could have someone tell her about the other matches later. Though she did want to see the fight between Sasuke and Gaara. If only Sasuke would show up.

---

Lol Ive been dreading this chapter cause I knew I would mess it up. I suppose it could have been worse tho so yay!