An End To Training and A Start To Battle

Yosuga, Sakura, and Kakashi stood out in the woods, searching for Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto had been missing since last night and Sasuke never came back from going to look for him.

"Where could they be? They've been out much longer than expected." Yosuga thought out loud, looking around the clearing they stood in. Suddenly, a kunai flew through the air, imbedding itself in the ground in front of Kakashi. Yosuga, suspecting an ambush of some sort, quickly whipped out one of her own kunai, taking a defensive stance while looking up at the one who threw it. She calmed down after seeing it was only Naruto, lying lazily on a branch high up in a tree with a wide grin on his face.

"How about that? How about that? As for me, I can climb this high now!" Naruto stood up on the branch, only to lose his footing and fall back. Yosuga gripped her kunai tighter, about to throw it to try to pin him to the tree so he wouldn't fall. It may hurt, but at least he wouldn't die from falling from such a height. Naruto used his chakra to latch onto the underside of the branch with his feet. "Gotcha-" Yosuga threw her kunai anyways and it hit the tree, right next to his head. Yosuga blinked, looking at Kakashi who gave her a look.

"It slipped?" She weakly defended. Kakashi sighed.

"What the heck, Yosu-chan! You could have killed me, believe it!" Naruto yelled, his face pale with fright.

"Ah, sorry?" Yosuga rubbed the back of her neck. Naruto lost his concentration and his feet detached from the tree branch. He fell. Though before gravity could kill him, Sasuke ran up the tree and caught him by his ankle. Yosuga let out a breath, laying hand on her hip and lightly glaring up at the two. Those idiots would be the death of her, someday. [LITERALLYYYYYY]

"Wahhh, Sasuke you're so cool!" Sakura gushed over Sasuke as usual.

***

Yosuga sighed at the table. "Naruto and Sasuke are late. Again." As soon as the words left her mouth, the front door opened with Sasuke walking in and Naruto's arm around his shoulders to support some of his weight.

"What happened to you guys? You're really muddy and really wiped out." Tazuna asked.

"We both... climbed to the top." Naruto answered.

"Good. Naruto, Sasuke, you'll also start guarding Tazuna next time." Kakashi praised. Naruto grinned and shot a fist into the air, causing both him and Sasuke to fall down.

"You idiot." Sasuke muttered, to which everyone laughed. They sat at the table.

"In just a teeny little bit, the bridge will be complete. It's thanks to you guys." Tazuna commented.

"Even so, don't let your guard down." Tsunami remarked.

"I really wanted to ask you for a while now... But why are you still here even though I lied about the mission?"

"To see what is right without doing it bespeaks an absence of courage. Like master, like man." Kakashi replied. Tazuna looks at him in question. "It's a teaching of the late Hokage."

A moment passed and Inari started crying. "Why...?"

"Huh?" Naruto lifted his head up from the table. Inari slammed his hands down.

"Why do you desperately work so hard until you get like that!? There's no way you'd be a match for Gato's men even if you train! No matter what cool things you say or how much effort you make... the weak always lose against the strong!" Inari yelled. Naruto put his head back down.

"Shut up. I'm not like you." He answered.

"You shut up! Looking at you makes me sick! Sticking your nose in even though you know nothing of this land! I'm not like you who's always acting frivolous not knowing one thing about pain!" Inari yelled back.