Rookies Reunited and The Official Start

"Are you guys going to take this bothersome Exam, too?" Shikamaru, a boy with a spiky ponytail on his head asked.

"Oh, it's the idiot trio." Naruto chided.

"Quit calling us that! Man, this is a freaking bother..." Shikamaru complained. Choji, who stood next to him, only continued to eat his chips. Ino ogled Sasuke but was too scared of Yosuga to come any closer to him. Sakura smirked at her, taking a step closer to Sasuke just to remind her that she was always with Sasuke and she wasn't.

"Yahoo, I found you!" Kiba and his team walked up to them.

"H-hello..." Hinata smiled timidly. Shino stayed quiet.

"You guys too? Man." Shikamaru whined.

"Yo!" Takeshi, Daisuke, and Ryuu all walked up to the nine rookies. "Looks like the gangs all here." Takeshi shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Ah, this means all twelve rookies are taking the Chunnin Exams, eh?" Kiba grinned. "How far can we go? Eh... Sasuke?"

"Hm. You're pretty confident, Kiba." Sasuke smirked.

"We've trained a great deal, so we won't lose to you guys."

"Shut up!" Naruto shouted. "I don't know about Sasuke, but I sure won't lose to the likes of you!"

"I'm sorry, Naruto. Kiba didn't mean it like that..." Hinata pressed her two index fingers together shyly before blushing and turning away when Naruto looked at her. Choji took a step toward Kiba, but was stopped by Shino because of a bug that scurried across the floor between them.

"Don't step on it." Shino spoke.

"What?"

"I said, don't step on it."

"You're... gonna eat that?" Choji questioned. The group was met with a moment of silence.

"Bro, what the heck?" Ryuu blurted out, making a disgusted face a Choji.

"Hey, guys." A boy with grey hair pulled into a ponytail walked up to the rookies. "You should be a little quieter. You guys are the "rookie twelve"... fresh out of the academy, right? Carrying on like that with cute faces... man. This isn't a field trip."

"Who are you, acting all haughty?" Sakura crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm Kabuto Yakushi. Take a look around you." The rookies looked around at the faces that glared at them. "Behind you... They're from the Rain Village. They're hot tempered. Everyone's tense before the Exam. I guess it can't be helped. You're rookies who don't know left from right... You remind me of my old self."

"This is your second time, then?" Ino asked.

"No. This is my seventh time." Kabuto answered. "This Exam is only held twice a year, so it's now my fourth year."

"Then that means you know a lot about these exams?" Naruto asked.

"Kind of..."

"No kidding. Kabuto, you're pretty awesome, huh?" Yosuga shook her head at Naruto's words.

"But you haven't passed." Shikamaru commented.

"Yeah, well, that is the case, yes..." Kabuto rubbed the back of his head.

"Is the Chunnin Exam that high a hurdle?" Shikamaru groaned. "Man, this is utterly bothersome..."

"Then, maybe I'll give a bit of information to my cute juniors..." Kabuto pulled out a stack of orange and green cards. "With these Ninja Info Cards."