Chapter 46: The Vision

Cole POV

He approaches us with a look that could kill. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I position Jenny behind me. She clutches onto my arm as a source of comfort.

"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. You know better Cole." he says before grabbing Jenny from behind me.

"No!" I yell and hold my arm out to her. He looks at me furiously.

"What was that boy?" he says angrily. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Don't touch her." I say through gritted teeth. He laughs. A laugh that sends shivers up your spine.

"And what are you gonna do about it? Nothing! Because you're weak! You don't deserve to be my grandson." he says and releases Jenny. She runs and stands by the wall as he approaches me.

"No. I'm not weak." I say. Whatever he's saying, he's doing it to break me down. I will not break.

"You think you're brave. Just like your father. Look where that got him boy!" he snaps. Tears brim my eyes.

"See! You cry! Real men don't cry!" he says before bringing the whip down on my bare back.

End Of Flashback

I look at Morgan as her eyes droop.

"Kaylee! She's closing her eyes!" I yell at her. She rushes to grab her tools as I grab Morgan's small hand.

"Come on Morgan. Please wake up." I say quietly to her. I doubt she can even hear me.

Morgan POV

My eyes open to the sun shining directly on my face. I use my hand to shield my eyes. I sit up and rest my hands on the surface beneath me. Grass tickles my finger tips.

I look around. I'm in the woods. But I was in the hospital. Why am I here? Soft breeze shifts my hair in front of my face. I sigh and remove it.

I look up yet again. I jump slightly at the new presence. In front of me stands a beautiful women. Her blonde hair, almost white in fact, sways in the wind. She smiles kindly at me, and her eyes as blue as the sky sparkle.

"Hello Morgan." she says in a gentle voice as the sun illuminates her pale skin. I wave slightly, still in shock of how she got here, and how she knows my name.

"Hi." I say to her. She laughs and shakes her head.

"Oh dear, don't worry. I won't hurt you, I came to inform you." she says. I nod and furrow my eyebrows.

"About what?" she walks closer to me before sitting down on a log beside me. She smiles at me.

"Morgan, have you ever heard of the bearer of the chosen one?" she asks me. I nod.

"Yes. The bearer is a woman who is pure, she gives birth to the chosen one, and raises the child. But why is this relevant to me?" I respond and look at her.

"Because Morgan, you are the bearer, and Leah is the chosen one." she says. I shake my head.

"No. It's just a myth that people talk about around the campfire. It's not real." I say to her. She shakes her head.
"Morgan, I need you to believe me. Because people out there want to hurt Leah, they know about her, and you need to protect your child." she responds. I look at the ground beside her.

Leah, the chosen one? That can't be true. She's only a baby born into an unfortunate situation! I can barely raise her as it is, but adding this to the mix!

"But, she is only a baby. She can't be the chosen one. I already have enough trouble with her, this will prove it to be impossible. I can't raise the chosen one!" I yell. She sighs.

"Morgan please. The werewolf kind depends on you until she turns 18. Then it's up to her. On her 18th birthday, tell her. Explain to her what she is. Until then, you mustn't tell her. Don't tell anyone besides Cole. No one can know. Or else, you will be in grave danger, as well as Leah. If you love her, you will do as I have said." she says. I shake my head and begin to protest as I lift my head.

But she isn't there. I look around. She isn't anywhere.

"Hello? Hey! We're not done here!" I shout and stand up. Bad idea. Blackness takes over yet again.

I shoot up and look around. I'm in the hospital room. I sigh in relief. I feel something in my hand. I look down and see Cole's hand resting in mine. The sparks ignite. I smile slightly.

But then I remember the dream. How Leah is missing.

Leah is the chosen one. It makes sense, Unknown only targets Leah. Not me. They don't threaten me. They threaten my daughter.

I lay down and look at Cole. He shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be here. I remove my hand and shake his shoulder. He groans and lifts his head before opening his eyes.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty." I say. He looks around until his eyes land on me, and the drowsiness is wiped from them completely. He hugs me tightly before I pull away and point at him.

"Cole, you're in trouble." I say to him. He raises his eyebrows.

"Why is that?" he asks me. I roll my eyes.

"Because you have to go start looking for Leah. Now go. You need to find her." I order.

"But-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"But nothing. Go find our daughter." he sighs and gets up as I cross my arms. He walks across the room and stops at the door with his hand on the knob.

"Bye." I say and wave. He turns and leaves the room as the nurse from earlier enters. She smiles slightly at Cole before turning to me. She smiles even brighter.

"Hey Morgan, you're finally up." she says excitedly in her country accent. I nod as she approaches me and observes my wounds.

"You healed miraculously fast. What's your secret?" she jokes towards the end. I laugh and throw my hands up.

"I don't know. I'm magic!" I say in response. We both start laughing.

"Okay. Well everything looks good, you have some people waiting for you. Want me to let them in?" she asks. I nod before she leaves the room and sets out to get them.

I smile at the group as my family enters the room. "Hey!" I say happily. They all smile and rush to me, hugging the daylights out of me.

"Wow, wow. Don't break the stitches." I joke. They all laugh and pull away.

"Sorry Babe. We were just worried about you." Mom says happily. I nod and turn to my Aunt Mel. She's been on a business trip for a few weeks.

"I missed you Aunt Melanie." I say and hug her once more. She laughs and pats my back.

"Same here Morgan." she says in her british accent. We both pull away.

"How's the search going?" Emily asks. I sigh sadly and look down.

"It's going. But they have no leads." I respond. Uncle Jack rubs my back.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with this sweetheart." he says kindly. I shrug and wipe away my tears.

"It's fine. All I need to worry about right now is getting out of the hospital and finding her." I say to them all. They all nod and say kind words.

But I don't need kind words, I need Leah. And I will find her.

Hey everyone! How is it going? Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Meant a lot!😘 I had a good birthday, don't worry. I got Alliegant! Finally! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will watch it soon! Anyways, vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘