Chapter 14: Angel

1 Month Later

I rub my 2 month baby bump and hum a nursery rhyme. I stare at the designs on my ceiling that my father painted. I smile at the memory of the day.

Flashback

I watched as the rain fell from the sky and onto my window. Daddy promised to take me to the park today. But then weather happened. I rest my forehead against the cold window. The weather is understandable, it's April. 2 months till my 8th birthday.

"Hey Princess." Daddy says as he enters my room. I turn and give him a small smile.

"Hey Daddy. What's up?" I ask him. He smiles at me and walks to me.

"Sorry I can't take you out today baby." he apologizes sincerely and gives me a tight squeeze.

"It's okay." I say and hug him back gently before standing.

"What do you want to do today then princess?" he asks me. I shrug. Oh wait!

"I want to draw, something big." I say excitedly. He taps his chin, feigning thought, and then gasps, pointing at my ceiling.

"You have a big canvas right up there!" he says before lifting me up and spinning me around.

End of flashback

I smile at the memory and get up. I wish Daddy was here, to tell me everything is okay. To lift me up and spin me around. I walk to my closet and pull on a white tank top, a big pink sweater, and black jeans. I look through my shoe collection and decide on my white converse (outfit above).

I brush my hair and put it in a messy bun. I walk to my makeup stand and put on some brown eyeshadow, minimal eyeliner, blush, and pink lip gloss. I pick up my backpack and go to Logan's room as usual. He knows about the baby. I told him with Mom by my side, she definitely softened the blow. He reacted okay I guess. He is kind of excited to be an uncle. I walk to his bed and sit down, ruffling his hair.

"Hey squirt! Time to get up!" I say. He groans and hits my hand away.

"I'm up, I'm up!" he says tiredly, muffled by his pillow.

"Sure you are." I say with a laugh. I get off his bed and walk to his closet. I grab a red, striped t-shirt, a greg hoodie, and jeans. I grab his converse and socks and throw the clothes at him, making sure a shoe or two hits him. I laugh as he squeals and sits up frantically and I skip out of the room happily. I get downstairs and see my Mom making pancakes.

"This is... strange." I say to her. She turns around to see me and laughs.

"And why is that?" she asks me, returning to her pancakes. I walk to the island and sit down in one of the chairs.

"It's just that you never cook, never enough time." I say simply and check my phone.

Want me driving u? Or ditching me? Lol!😂 Im hilarious!
Emmy💁

I laugh as my Mom sets the pancakes in front of me. I thank her and text Em back.

If u want 2 drive me. Ur totally hilarious😏
Moo Moo🐮

Whatevs, u lobe me!😝
Emmy💁

Who says so?😎
Moo Moo🐮

Me!🙋
Emmy💁

Lol. When u picking me up?
Moo Moo🐮

Um, 15 minutes?
Emmy💁

Kk. Love u!
Moo Moo🐮

Love ya
Emmy💁

I set down my phone and laugh quietly at our messages as my Mom comes and kisses me on the head.

"Gotta get going hon, love you. See ya tonight." she says before yelling a quick goodbye to Logan. I finish up and set the dishes in the sink as I hear a car horn and say goodbye to Logan before running outside and getting in Emily's car.

"Hey stranger." she greets with a playful smirk. I laugh.

"Hello." I say to her with a small smile. She still doesn't know about the baby.

"So why you avoiding me?" she asked curiously. I look at her.

"Um, no reason, trying to stay busy so I don't think about Cole." I lie. She nods.

"Understandable. But I miss my bestie! Can we please go shopping! We haven't gone shopping since your birthday!" she pleads. I laugh and nod.

"Sure, wanna go after school?" I ask her. She nods excitedly.

"Yes please! I need time with my bestie, my bratty little sister is getting on my nerves." she complains. I roll my eyes. Emily's little sister Kate, is in 2nd grade, and I can't stand that little devil with pigtails. She is so bratty!

"I couldn't imagine spending an hour with the maniac sister of yours, let alone her whole life." I say, looking out the windshield.

"You don't even know the half of it." we pull into the school parking lot and get out. I spot Cole leaning on his car tossing a football between his hands and talking with his friends. We haven't talked since that night he came to my window and I poured my guts out.

I don't have a problem with him, it's just that every now and again I miss him, but it's just the bond. I know he's moved on though. Every now and again I'll get this gnawing pain in my gut, telling me he is sleeping with other girls. I really need to break the bond, but I don't know how. It would be better for both of us though.

"Earth to Morgan!" Emily says, snapping in front of my face. I snap out of my daze and look at her. Must of been staring longer then I thought. I turn back to Cole and see him smirking at me. I feel the heat creep up my neck and into my cheeks. I look back at Emily.

"Like, I know you guys are supposed to be mates and all, but no need to stare." Emily states with a smirk. I roll my eyes and punch her shoulder playfully.

"You'll understand when you find your mate." I say she laughs.

"Nu uh! I'm a lone wolf! Ow ow owoo!" she howls. I laugh as we continue to walk into the school.

"You wish." I say playfully. She laughs.
"Sl*t!" I hear Angel, the schools queen bee, say to me before shoving me into a locker. She flips her black hair over her shoulder before Emily faces her angrily.

"She's not the sl*t here! Maybe you should look in the mirror Angel!" she spits venomously. She laughs.

"At least I don't get knocked up at 17!" she says with an evil laugh.

"Stupid, Morgan's not pregnant! But maybe you are!" Emily shouts. I grab her arm.

"Don't Em, she's not worth your time." I say lowly so only Em can hear.

"What? Did our little h*e bag here not tell dear best friend? Why don't you ask her yourself." Angel states. Emily turns to me.

"Morgan?" she asks me nervously. I gulp and nod as tears escape.

"Yes everyone! Morgan Mayor here is pregnant! You all heard right!" Angel shouts with a smile. Em looks at me shocked.

"Emily please-" I start, but she cuts me off and runs to who knows where. I turn to Angel.

"I hope you're happy." I say to her. She laughs and nods.

"Oh I am. And you wanna know the best part? It was Cole who told me!" she says happily before strutting off as the first bell rings and everyone hurries to class as I sink down to the floor and cover my eyes as the tears fall in waves.

Poor Morgan! Everything looked good between Cole and her! Do you think Angel was telling the truth, that Cole actually told her? Anyways, who thinks Morgan should forget about her jerk of a mate and just raise her baby by herself? Or should she find love? Or stay with Cole? Who's team Cole? Vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘