Chapter 42

CHAPTER 42

NIALL'S POV

I chuckled to myself as I locked my phone and slid it into my pocket. I stand up off of the couch and head into my room of my flat to get changed. I'm going to dinner with my mum. I haven't seen her in about a week and I wanted to take her to dinner so we could have some more time together before I go to Ireland for my actual birthday next week.

When I got to the restaurant there were a few paparazzi. I pushed my mother in front of me and led her into the restaurant ignoring all of the questions they were firing at me.

"I don't know how you boys handle that 24/7..." she shook her head in disbelief.

"I'm just used to it by now... some of the questions still make me mad but there's nothing I can do about it..." I sighed as we sat down at a table. My phone went off and I was going to just leave it until my mum motioned for me to answer it. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened the message.

Essi Love <3: you should totally go check out Andee's twitter :) I love you ;)

I chuckled at the adorable message before replying.

-Love you too babe ;) I'll check it out later :) I'm at dinner with my mum right now :P

Essi Love <3: oops... :o I'll let you get back to visiting then :P

I slid my phone back into my pocket and looked up at my mother. She had a slight, knowing smile on her face.

"Who is she?" she crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow, knowing there was no way I was getting out of this one.

"Her name's Esther." I smiled even at the mention of her name. "We've been dating for about four months now." I took a sip of the beer that was just placed in front of me.

"My son is in love and he won't tell me anything about the girl except her name..." she rolled her eyes at me and I blushed. "Give me details Niall!" she teased playfully. "What does she look like? What does she do for a livin? How old is she?"

"Okay mum, calm down." I chuckled as I held my hands up in defense. "She's got long brown hair, she's rather short, she's gorgeous." I feel the slight pink in my cheeks and my mum's smile grows. "She works at a bakery called PattyCakes and she's twenty two years old... just like me." I smiled.

"Well when am I going to meet this young lady?" she asked, taking a drink of her water.

"I don't know... she lives in Bloomington Illinois, which is where we've been staying, so I don't know when she will get to London." I sighed sadly.

"Well I am happy for you honey." She smiled and reached my hand across the table, giving it a slight, motherly squeeze.

"good." I smiled bigger. "Because I'm really happy."

"My baby's in love!!!" she clasped her hands together. I groaned and laid my head on my hands while she laughed at me.

After lunch we went back to my mother's house where Greg, Denise and Theo were visiting for a few days.

"Greg!" I called as I ran up to my brother as soon as my mother opened her door. I hugged him tight as he laughed at me.

"How yah been?" he ruffled my hair just like he always does.

"I've been amazing." I grinned as I saw Denise lead the bouncing Theo into the room. He smiled at me and started to run towards me on his chubby legs.

"Unca Na! Unca Na! Unca Na! Unca Na!" he squealed as I put my hands under his armpits and tossed him into the air above my head. I heard my mother and Denise's gasps and Greg's laughter. He giggled the entire time he was in my arms.