Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

NIALL'S POV

I closed Esther's door and shook my head as Louis was talking.

"Wow." He said. "That was weird. I didn't mean to make her cry." He finished frowning slightly. I was kind of mad at Louis. I wouldn't really say mad more like aggravated. On the bright side I was going to see Esther again. I was planning on working something out to where we would see each other again, but since she asked if there would be a later it just made it all simpler. I really wanted to see her again I just didn't know how to bring it up.

When we got back to the apartment the dogs were very happy to see us. We all sat down on the couches and put in a movie. About halfway through I decided I was going to go to bed.

"Hey guys. I'm super jet lag. I'm going to go to bed." And with that I stood up. Grabbed my suitcases and went to my room. It was very bare. I grabbed the poster I had brought of my favorite football team. And I pulled out a few pictures of my family and set them on the nightstand. I missed them already. It has only been two days and I already miss them. I am such a baby. I was going to fly them out here some part of this vacation though.  I threw the blankets and pillows onto my bed and snuggled up into them. Within minutes I fell asleep.

**

I woke up the next morning at 8:30 AM. I never wake up this early if I don't have to. Stupid time change. I got out of bed changed into jeans, a red hoodie and my white Supras, and went out into the main area of the apartment. No one else was awake so I decided to walk around Bloomington a little.

 It was a beautiful day and no one was going to recognize me. I smiled at this thought. It was so relaxing to just be able to walk outside and not get mobbed by fans. Don't get me wrong, I love the fans, they are the only reason we are where we are today, but they can get really crazy. I walked down the street not really knowing where I was going until I saw the familiar sign for Esther's bakery. Nothing like cupcakes for breakfast.

I walked in, but it wasn't Esther behind the counter. It was a tall lean girl with hazel eyes, ivory skin, and dark curly hair. She was beautiful but didn't have the same effect as Esther did. She looked up from her phone and froze. I could see her eyes widening. She knew who I was. Shit.

"Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're Niall Horan from One Direction!!!!!! I love your band so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!!" she screamed, jumping up and down slightly. At least she didn't faint. I smiled as I thought this.

"Yup. I'm Niall. Please don't post anything anywhere that says we are here." I said, getting a little concerned.

"Oh I wouldn't do that if you didn't want me to." She said with a smile, she had perfect teeth. "Well, I'm not doing my job. What can I get you?" she giggled slightly as she said this.

"Ummm. I'll take eight Red Velvet, four Oreo, four chocolate, and four white cupcakes please." I said looking at all of the cupcakes on the clear shelves. They all looked delicious. I would give some cupcakes to the boys... maybe. She raised her eyebrows at my order but started to collect all of the cupcakes. "Is Esther here today?" I asked, the curiosity getting the better of me. Again she raised her eyebrows but her eyes widened again.

"How do you know Esther?" she asked in disbelief.

"Ummm. Yesterday me and the boys came in here and she fainted. We took her home to make sure she was ok." I said, realizing how awkward it sounded after I said it.

"She didn't tell me that!!! You think you would tell your best friend if you met the best band in the world!!!" she said obviously agitated with Esther.