Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

ESTHER'S POV

Well he likes my cupcakes. I smiled at this thought and continued with my cereal. When I was finished I put my bowl in the sink.

"I'm going to go change out of my pajamas." I told Niall. I totally forgot I was in plaid pants and a huge ISU sweatshirt. He looked up from his food and gave me thumbs up. I walked out of the kitchen and into my room.

What to wear? What to wear?! What to wear!?!?!?!? I was freaking out. What do you wear when you hang out with One Direction? I eventually decided on white capris, a flower tank top and a pair of pink sparkly TOMS. What can I say? They're my favorite type of shoe. I have like twenty pairs. I threw on some random bracelts and went into the bathroom to fix my hair.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=84318513 (Esther's outfit)

It was a complete mess. I gave up on the idea of leaving it curly so I brushed through it... which hurt... a lot. After that I roman braded it to where the braid laid over my left shoulder. It was kind of loose but it showed that my hair still had some waves. I threw on my usual, natural make up and walked out to the living room. Niall was sitting on the couch, Chunk and Babbs on either side of him and Phil sitting right in front of him with his head resting in his lap. Niall was happily petting his head as Phil had his eyes closed in content. Niall looked up at me as I came in and smiled.

"Do you live here alone?" he asked looking around my apartment.

"No. yes. Kind of..." I trailed off. He looked at me funny. I just laughed. "I share this apartment with one of my best friends from school. She's a professional softball player. She travels most of the year so yes, but no at the same time." I said, eyeing him to see if he followed my conversation.

"Wait... so she's a professional softball player? Like she gets paid to play?" I nodded. "That's really cool!" he said putting his dishes in the sink. "I want to meet her sometime!" he said. OM gosh. He wants to meet her. He wants to get to know people close to me. MENTAL FANGIRL.

"Yeah, she's in the middle of her season right now, but she'll be back around the end of October." I said. I missed her so much already. We did everything together. I mean Rosie, my co-worker at the bakery, also my best friend, was awesome but we weren't roommates like me and Andee. We were best friends from Kindergarten to senior year in high school. She went to UCLA to play softball; I always knew she would go somewhere HUGE to play softball. She had a passion for it. I played too, but it was never the same way for me. I went to school in Bloomington, always staying close to home, and after we were out of school Andee got an offer to play on Chicago's Fast pitch Softball team. Of course, she said yes. She still wanted to be close to family, so we became roommates. And now we share this flat. She is not at home for about seven months each year. She leaves in the middle of March and gets back right before Halloween.

"Earth to Esther?" Niall sang in a sing song voice while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Wha? Sorry." I smiled laughing slightly in embarrassment. "I was just thinking about Andee, my friend that I share this apartment with." I explained to him.

"I know what it's like to miss someone. Believe me." he smiled. "When we are on tour, I miss everyone like crazy." He put a hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it.

I looked up at him and smiled. He really understood. "Thanks Niall. Should we get going then?" I asked, still looking into his eyes.

"Yah sure." He said with a smile. "Is it okay to leave Phil here?" he asked looking at my puppy dog.

"Ummm yeah it should be fine." I said moving my hand up to my chin as I was thinking. "He hasn't been outside in a while though... could he come with?" I asked looking hopeful.