Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

ESTHER'S POV

I sat straight up on the couch when the clock struck midnight. It's my best friend's birthday... I spam texted her Happy Birthday and then I jumped off the couch. When I took my first step I tumbled to the ground, squealing, forgetting about my ankle yet again. I used the couch to pull me up and I hopped into the kitchen.

As quietly as I could, I got out the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla, salt, oil, and vinegar and got to work. I'm making Andee her favorite dessert, Funny Cake. My Grammy, Patty made up this recipe. It's called Funny Cake because there is no eggs in it.

Forty five minutes later I was putting the frosting on the cake. After writing "Happy Birthday Andee" in fancy letters with a flourish I put the lid on and hopped back to the couch.

**

I woke up at eight and sat straight up. The house was quiet which meant nobody was up yet. I tested my weight on my ankle and was pleasantly surprised. It hurt, yes, but not as bad as yesterday. If I wrapped it up nice and tight I could totally walk on it. I hopped over to the staircase, turned around and sat on the step. I scooted myself up all of the steps with one foot. I used the rail to pull myself up and I hopped to Niall's door.

I thought about knocking but then thought better of it. Niall is so adorable in his sleep. He is all snuggled up in the blankets, hugging a pillow, his hair sticking in every direction. I hopped to the edge of his bed and sat down.

"Niall???" I sang in my oh so lovely morning voice. I shook his shoulder slightly and he rolled towards me. I giggled and threaded my fingers through his hair. "Niall? It's time to get up! it's Andee's birthday and we have to make her breakfast!!!" I whisper shouted. He smiled as his eyes fluttered open.

"But it's early..." he mumbled, sitting up.

"I don't care. Now help me get the other boys up." I stood up and pulled him up with me.

"Uggghhh...." He groaned rubbing his eyes.

"stop complaining... it's your girlfriend's best friend's birthday!!! Help a girl!!!" I scolded him.

"Okay, okay..." he finally agreed. I jumped on his back and he exited the room. We walked over to Louis' next. We knocked on his door because I didn't want to infringe on his privacy. It took pounding on the door to get them up. When we were banging on Lou's door Harry woke up, so did Liam and Danielle. I sent Harry into our room to get Rosie. Rosie doesn't wake up if she doesn't want to. I had Harry pick her up and take her downstairs. He laid her on the couch so when she wakes up she can help us out. Niall got Zayn up while I was still pounding on Louis' door.

When we all got downstairs the boys were all confused.

"Exactly why are we up at this time?" Harry yawned.

"Because doofus. Today is Andee's birthday!!! We have to make today super duper special because last year was embarrassing for her." I looked at all of the boys. "we are going to make her breakfast and make her laugh today. Rosie and I are taking her shopping, Eleanor and Danielle, you are welcome to join if you want." I smiled at the girls as they nodded. "Boys, I know you have an interview today but I would love it if you could try and make this day special for her... she deserves it."

"Okay... that's a valid reason..." Harry laughed as we all got to work.

**

An hour and a half later it seemed as though we had every breakfast food on the table. Thanks to the boys' help we had French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, coffee, tea and hot chocolate made. I also made her a bowl of Tortellini since I know it is her favorite. Rosie had joined us about halfway through and she was genuinely confused as to how she ended up on the couch... we just laughed.