Chapter thirty: The Cave (now with Percy Jackson)

Start from the beginning

"On the count of three....One...two...three..." Whatever this thing was called, it sucked.

It was like someone was trying to shove me down a drain pipe or some rubber tube. I couldn't breathe (totally not terrifying), and felt like Ben Grimm was squeezing me to make Percy Paste.

I thought it was going to happen too, until I finally could breath in fresh, salty air.

The ocean. Dad, if you're listening, sup?

It was dark out, but I didn't mind. I enjoyed the ocean air (duh), the coolness it brought when it felt on my skin. I could feel, and I mean feel the waves hitting the rocks below.

It was pretty cool.

"What do you think?" Dumbledore asked.

"It's home."

"They brought the kids from the orphanage here?" Whoops, I thought. I didn't know what Harry meant by that, but when I really looked at the view, it was a little bleak. But the ocean was nice, and that's what is important.

"Not here exactly. More to a village about halfway along the cliffs behind us. I believe the orphans were taken there for a little sea air and a view of the waves. No, I think it was only Tom Riddle and his youthful victims--."

"Who's Tom Riddle?" I asked. I was ignored, and Dumbledore continued to explain whatever the Hades he was explaining to Harry. I wondered who this Riddle guy was. Whenever Harry had a lesson from this guy, Spidey and I would always try and figure out what he was learning, but Harry claimed he wasn't supposed to say, which was so not cool.

"Lumos." I looked up to see Harry and Dumbledore closer to the edge. When I went to join them, I saw the series of creepy scary looking rocks at the bottom. I was surprised when Dumbledore started moving down them, and Harry followed behind them. For one thing, Dumbledore was like, older than Chiron. Not to mention Harry was never really the best at gym class...

"You see?" I blinked. I wasn't exactly sure what exactly I was supposed to be seeing, but I nodded anyway.

"You both will not object to getting a little wet?" Technically I didn't get wet, but I didn't mention it.

"No."

"Then let us take a plunge." Before Dumbledore could jump, I grabbed his arm.

"Wait. Maybe we don't have to get wet. I mean, what good is a son of Poseidon if they can't control water right?" Turning towards the ocean, I took a deep breath. Focus Percy. Feel the power of the ocean in your veins. Don't be afraid. Remember what Xavier taught you.

Father if you can hear my thoughts, please help me not drown my friend and Professor.

The waves resisted me, but never less the water split. I wasn't sure how long I could hold it for, but it was there.

"You listened to Charles, Mister Jackson." I grinned.

"His class was one of the most interesting. Until, of course, he passed me off to Aquaman and Namor. Namor was rude." I said. Harry, Dumbledore and I walked in the semi-dry area I had created, and I let the water fall as we walked. I felt bad that the fish had to stop talking just so I could go to some random island cave or whatever.

We walked until we reached a dark tunnel, which was probably full during high tide (luckily not now). There was steps Dumbledore walked up, and after Harry was up the stairs I finally released my hold on the sea, and quickly placed my hand in the freezing water. Might need some extra strength later.

Dumbledore held his wand up high, looking around the small cave place.

"This is it." He said.