SHS- Parseltongue

Characters: Harry, Percy, Peter, Wasabi
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry didn't know what to think when he woke up to hearing Percy screaming his head off. At first, he thought someone turned all his blue blankets red or gray or pink (like last year) or something.

Then he figured he should probably open his eyes and put his glasses on to find out.

What he saw shocked him, so it took him a mintue to process.

What he saw was Percy Jackson, Hero of Olympus (or so he claimed when he and Peter went at it), was staring wide eyed at a small serpent.

In other terms, a snake.

"How the bloody hell did that thing get in here?!" Wasabi let out a small cry that sounded like "help" while Peter shrugged.

"No clue. I woke up to my spider sense going off and that thing was moving towards Percy's bed. I woke him up and he screamed." No, Peter didn't place the snake in the room. He wasn't a huge fan of reptiles (*cough cough* Doctor Conners *cough cough), so handling a snake was out of the question.

"Get it away from me it wants to kill me!!!" Percy said. Harry rolled his eyes. Demigods were quite superstitious, ranging from burning food, or avoiding certain animals because of "what they stood for" or something like that. Harry thought the whole thing was rubbish.

"How do you know that." Percy gave Harry the signature "seriously bro?" face and rolled his eyes.

"Because serpents are Lord Ares thing." Peter frowned.

"Didn't you beat up a god named Ares?" Percy nodded.

"Yep. And this is his revenge" Harry shook his head. Percy could easily reach over and grab his sword and kill the stupid thing, but he didn't. Why? Because he was too busy being a git that's why.

Harry looked down at the snake. Currently, it was wrapped tightly around the son of Poseidon's leg, but of course Percy and Peter were too busy chatting. Harry thought the snake looked very familiar, but he wasn't sure from where... maybe he had seen it in a dream before?

Knowing if he said anything, he'd have to explain it later, Harry took a deep breath.

"Hey." The snake looked at him.

"Could you please not kill my friend here?" Ignoring the strange looks Peter, Percy and Wasabi were currently giving him, Harry continued talking.

"He's kinda important, and I don't think his--"

"I know." The snake hissed back.

"What?"

"I know the son of Poseidon is important. That is why I am here, Boy who lived." So the snake knew them. Not the weirdest thing ever.

"Well, if you don't leave know...he's gonna grab his sword and cut your head off. That wouldn't be good would it?" The snake paused and shook it's head, before, uncurling itself and hissed as it moved out the door.

Now for the hard part, Harry thought to himself.

"Tell me that did not just happen." Wasabi exclaimed. Percy looked at Harry, looking slightly impressed.

"You can talk to snakes?" Harry nodded.

"It's called Parseltongue. And no, it's not a normal thing wizards can do, and no, I'm not so special I made it up on my own." Harry said, before Peter could squeeze in his question.

"Hey dude, I'm not judging. I mean, I can talk to Zebras soooo....yeah." Harry sighed.

"Don't we have classes to get ready for?"

"It's Sunday."

"I'm late for my lesson with Dumbledore."

"It's 9:11 right now. I thought he didn't want you till ten?"

"Exactly."