Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things

Chapter fifteen:
Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano
Class: Demigod, Roman
Godly Parent: Bellona
Powers: Telumkinesis, Empowerment

I was sitting at breakfast (alone might I add), when Peter walked up.

"Hey Reyna, can I sit here?" I raised an eyebrow but nodded slightly. Peter (or Spidey as he was commonly known) sat down, pulling his mask up and revealing his mouth, taking a bite out of his food.

"So..." I cut my pancakes, raising an eyebrow and taking a bite out of them. He was always so awkward—he reminded me of Percy, sometimes.

"What?" He chuckled nervously. He was nervous, maybe because of our history quiz? Or something else?

"What are your dogs names?" He asked quickly. I looked down at them, laying at my feet. They followed me around, not wanting to stay coped up in our room. However, they sat outside the classroom, for as Mister Stark put it "your dogs scare people; it's bad enough your frightening".

"Aurum and Argentum. Latin for-."

"Gold and Silver right?" I raised an eyebrow, slightly impressed.

"Correct." He grinned.

"We're studing latin first in class. Also, those are elements and that's their name on the periodic table." I nodded and sipped my orange jucie.

"So..."

"Must you start every sentence with so?" I asked. Peter chuckled.

"Sorry. Um...how are you fitting in?" Honestly not well. I already had two teacher tell me I was frightening (Mister Stark and Mister Barton), one boy end up in the hospital wing because he was trying to hit on me, and the only friend I made doesn't actually have classes with us.

"Fine." I lied. Aurum and Argentum growled slightly at my feet, but I ordered them to hush.

Aslan (one of the guidence counslers as I've been told) walked to the front of the cafeteria, and saved me from having to explain why I was lying to Peter.

"May I have you attention please?" Everyone turned to look at the Lion. I did not expect him to talk, and I did not expect him to be real. I thought he was an automaton, much like Aurum and Argentum.

"The first event for the Battle Nexus Championship has been decided." I straightened slightly. The Battle Nexus seemed like something important to be a part of. However, we were never told how the champions would be chosen.

"It has also been decided on how the Champions will be chosen.

Each Classes may have a team of six. There will be three events, and two champions may compete at a time. One champion may not participate for more than one event. Camp Jupiter, and Camp Half Blood count as two different Classes. Remember. The Classes are Mutant, Wizard, Demigod, Agent, Ninja, Bender, and other. Villain High and Hero High are two different teams. A child from the other school may not play on the opposite team.

The six classes will place a vote, on who they would like to represent them in the competition. The votes will be counted up, and the top six will be placed into the Championship." Seemed overly complicated. However, it does make less work for the teachers.

"Now, I bet you wonder what the first event is." Aslan said. I could almost see the Great Lion's eyes twinkle.

"The first event is one the demigods know well, known as Chariot racing!!" The Greeks erupted into cheering. I knew they were Greeks because they were cheering.

"Now, before I let continue on with you lunch, I must inform you. The rules may be bent for some students, for different reasons. However, this does not mean you are allowed to cheat these students." Aslan bowed his head and walked towards the door.