Chapter six: Bad Day

Chapter six:
Jason Grace
Class: Demigod, Roman
Godly Parent: Jupiter
Powers: Flight, Electrokinesis

Everyone has bad days.

But that doesn't mean you have to like them.

My day started off pretty well, until I slipped on one of Danny's candles as he was meditating, and ended up with a burn on my arm. Luckily I didn't set the carpet on fire (even though Danny was rich and could totally buy a new one), but the burn still sucked.

Then in History, I completely forgot to do my homework so Professor Misako wasn't happy with me. And then she gave us a quiz, which I'm pretty sure I failed.

Miserably.

Then, in potions class, I somehow managed to blow up three potions, and send some kid to the Hospital Wing. All because I used the wrong ingredients, and the ingredients I did use were, well, quite explosive.

How am I managing this? Don't know. Maybe I switched bodies with Percy or something.

Anyway, the worst part of my day came at Gym class.

Now, I normally like Gym Class, minus Director Fury yelling in my ear twenty-four/seven. It reminds me of camp, only with a satyr and a Director not fauns and Reyna.

But today, was not a good day. I mean, losing to someone who has almost the exact same powers that I did? Certainly left a bad impression.

"Head to the locker rooms and change up!! Now!!" I ran over to the locker rooms. Technically all I wore was a SQPOR t-shirt and shorts, but we still had to change.

"Wonder what Fury has us doing today." Percy asked, trading his Spiderman t-shirt (given to him by the Webhead himself) for a Camp Half Blood tee.

"Probably something dangerous with LMDs or something." Nightcrawler (can't remember his real name) said from over on the wall. Yea. He can wallcrawl too.

May or may not cause some tension between him and Spidey.

"That sounds like Fury." Nova said. I sighed and walked out into the gym.

Which is when I ran into her.

See, the locker rooms are right next to each other. So if a girl screams, we can hear it, and if a boy screams, we can hear it, etc. etc.

Anyway, I turned the corner to where we normally line up, and I ran into a woman who was speaking with Fury. I recognized her, of course; it was the X-Man (X-Woman?) known as Storm. I had trained with her a few times.

"Sorry!! My bad!!"

"No, it was my fault, I shouldn't have been in the way." She said with a smile, stepping out of the way so I could get in line.

"Grace." Fury stopped me before I could go anywhere else. "You'll be training outside with Ororo today, to see how you've improved over the summer, and see if it's still beneficial for you to be training with her." I nodded cautiously, making sure to smile at Ororo.

"Alright. I can do that." Storm smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Shall we practice outside today?" I nodded, following her outdoors. We were both what the Professor would call "Elementals"; which was an easy way of saying our powers didn't work well indoors.

"Your lesson today was supposed to be training against someone you didn't know, to test how well you adapt to the unknown. However, since I was unable to make it to your first Power Control class with the Professor, I asked that Fury allow me to train with you during his class instead." Storm explained calmly as we walked. I nodded in understanding. Truthfully, I was glad she pulled me out—it was always nice to work outside for a change, and to not have to listen to Coach Hedge's screeching whenever we messed up.