Survailence Is Constant

The nanny tower is a rounded glass box with a steel framework embracing the minimal design ethos; the top,control chair, control panel, railing, and frame of the floor's entry hatch, are the only parts that were opaque; obscuring view points kept at a minimum, an excellent example (of the thoroughly out of date), neo-minimalism revival.  Lucky was a witness to it's engineering shortcomings in the form of a under powered air conditioning system; so, even if the air had worked flawlessly, in full sun, on a warm day, it still could get unbearably hot.  An after market fix had been installed in the form of hinges, latches, rubber seals, and hydraulic pistons; and when all of the glass was open, the cab resemble a pinwheel without the ninety degree bend in the stick.  If you are a kestrel or sparrow hawk, you can use the towers aerodynamic properties, leveraging your self into a perfectly stationary mid air position, looking over occasionally at the person in the tower.  For quiet awhile a bird glared in at lucky; when he took his ball cap and bug eye sunglasses off, his two month old buzzed hair cut, sprung up at odd angels, bits of yellow,brown and white all smashed together under the sweaty ball cap, got let out to see the sun; his thick looking head with a white forehead and wide grey eyes made his body look thinner than it really was.  He took his dirty dark pink hands, put them on his face, and ran them up, pushing the palms into his eyes, then up through his hair, he blinked and looked out to his feet baking in the sun.  To that sparrow hawk, his bare feet on the rail look like some multi-headed species of love bird, one across the other,pink and wide, the green jeans that led away from them might have been tails, the bird was not sure.  lucky glared back, his gray eye's met the superior black bead bird eye, the sparrow hawk darted up and to the other side of the tower, successfully fooling lucky into thinking it had taken off.