The Persistence of Panic = smtp.send(****);

A far away high speed peeling on hot asphalt, ramping down from high to low, intensifying Doppler shift, the truck gets closer and slows down; muffled bumps,clanks, clunks, and rattles crossing the ditch into the cut out - silence- door slamp.  Stand still until - so he could hear, throttling the tow, continuing the trudge to the rig.  Dang.. what the ???  broke the flow, he was scattered around the past and present, and caught on the edge of self reflection.  Why should the truck bother him,  staring at a spot ten feet below ground he pulled then let the tow push him when it got traction, a rhythm set in, a hollow clank, and thin shreds of memory flew up against the wall ignorance placed before it: the thermos!  One got in.  Looking up, the rig was still far away,  I set it over a pipeline, he resumed his scrutiny of ten feet below ground, whirring, hum, clank, he looked up, he was only twenty feet from the rig and the tower was on it's way up, the tech inside.  His pulse got faster, he slowed down a little, the tech support truck was right in front of him "I could get out'a here in that truck" it was humming, and a big cable hooked into the rig.  The tech had taken the tower up and was looking far out into the field for him, lucky thought if he could just get to that truck he could escape.  Slowly he powered the tow with the attached hog out of the row, he was in the cutout, next  to that truck, stopped took a step over and put a finger on the handle: "STOP THAT", he paused.  "What the hell do ya think yer doing... ass hole.  Yer not blown yet, we'll werk it out.  Just hold on.. a second".  "who is that"? he yelled.  Up in the tower Wade yelled down, "it's Wade... don't do a single thing untill I get down".  As the fact that Wade was not the person that bitched him out for trying to make a get away sunk in, lucky staggered a bit and stared at the tower's rapid decent.  As he made the realization that there was someone communicating to him through an unknown connection, the tower clanked and Wade had hopped down.  As he unsuccessfully assessed his sanity Wade walked up and started talking at him: "...and would easier if you would have waited for the service tech to retrieve number seventy nine, normally I would have to write this up, but since you have all ready got it up here I'll just start my report from....mark and that's it.   Now just let me do the rest, why don't you go hang out in shade, or you could sit in my truck and turn the air to the blizzard setting, ha... What ever you want, you know I'll just be over here, taking a look at that hog.... You don't look so good, let me know if you need any thing, water,salt, cold vest, anything... well I'll just take a look at this damaged row hog.  Do you need help.  Let me just point you in the right direction... you don't mind if I ah.. Ok I'm just going to.. watch your head, and sit down, down,sit down.. I'll just give you a little".