Ponyboy: The Rumble (continued)

Sodapop was cleaning up all my wounds from the rumble, it was like my face was being stabbed a million times."You should've listened to Pony you know. He didn't want something like this to happen." I was wincing from the pain until he finished his sentence, grabbing his wrist I started to get angry.

"I'm just sick and tired of feeling like his fragile princess. I wanted to show him can fight too, plus I'm perfectly fine." I pushed his hand away and limped out of the room and it wasn't a surprise Ponyboy and Steve were arguing.

"I knew it was you who told her to go ahead and fight!" Ponyboy's fists were clenched about ready to punch Steve so hard he teeth might get straightened. "I see how you treat her, don't you see she hates it?! She a grown woman let her be!" I was in the hall just peeking out until I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

"Better stay back this don't look like it'll end well." Darry walked passed me looking concerned. "Why do you even care about her so much anyways?! She ain't your girl," that's when Steve got quiet. "Would you two please stop fighting, I'm perfectly fine. And Steve's right I don't like feeling like a little girl."

Ponyboy looked at me to Steve then that's where it started. Pony threw the first punch straight to Steve's eye. "Stay away from (Y/N)." Soda ran from inside his room and held back Steve while Darry was holding Ponyboy.

Steve ran from the house and I ran out after him. "Steve!" He stopped in his tracks, walking towards him I tried to speak,"Why did you defend me like that?" He turned around and pulled me into a kiss.

I quickly pulled away. "I'm in love with you. I always have been." I was about to burst into tears. "Steve I am with Pony, I know it seems like we don't see eye to eye but I love him."

"I-I'm sorry I should've never told you you."

"Steve please come back inside." I grabbed his arm and he jerked it back.

"(Y/N).. Just don't."