Ponyboy & Johnny: Just Last Night (Part 3)

The last 4 or 5 days was a living hell! Could you imagine eating baloney everyday for almost a week? Its disgusting!

I was the first one awake so that meant I had to clean up after the boys sometimes I think I should've stayed home. After all the mess was all washed up I thought I heard footsteps scurrying around the church. "Damn raccoons," I ignored the noise and tried to go to bed on the benches next to Ponyboy.

I heard the footsteps again but they were more hesitant. I grabbed my switch and slowly went to the door, I did the gang's whistle but I didn't hear a response. Right when the stranger stepped foot in the church I put blade to his throat. "Damn (Y/N) Its me Dallas!"

"You scared the hell outta me!" I said as I took the blade away. "Where are the others, and nice haircut," I lead him to the benches where Johnny and Ponyboy were still sleeping. "Hey Blondie!" Dally carelessly grabbed Pony's head of hair roughly.

We finally left that stinking church and finally ate some real food. "What the hell are y'all looking at never seen a hungry girl before?" I had just finished my burger. There started to be talk about Johnny turning himself in and Dallas was practically begging him not to. "Johnny you don't know what a few years of jail could do to you. I don't want you to end up like me," the car ride was quiet until we made it to the church, it was up in flames!

Ponyboy was the first one out. "PONY WHERE ARE YOU GOING," then Johnny ran right behind him. "GOD DAMMIT YOU TOO?" I ran behind them when a fat guy who smelled like cheap cologne and cigarettes. "Don't go in there its too dangerous," Dallas ran towards the church pulling out children when he pulled out my brother that's when I went off. "Let go of me you son of a bitch!" I pushed him out of the way not caring for his well being. He fell unconscious... again then my worst nightmare happened, I heard Johnny's screams from inside, "IM COMING JOHNNY," Dally yelled out I couldn't look I held my big brother to my chest with tears streaming down my face. What was going to happen to Johnny?

I was smoking a cigarette next to Ponyboy and the man from the church. "You know you kids shouldn't be smoking," We both looked at him as if he wasn't doing the same exact thing,"Why not you're smoking," we both said at the same time,"Its a bad habit to get into," I rolled my eyes and tipped off the ashes in the tray. I wasn't paying attention but Sodapop had walked in, me and Ponyboy had ran up to him, we almost fell over from the way hugged him. "Darrel!" I was the first to hug him then Soda and Pone, Darry let out a genuine sob,"I thought we'd lost you like we did mom and dad," he let go and messed up our hair a bit,"Y'all sure look funny."

The next morning I was the first one to wake up then Pony. "You hungry (Y/N)?" I shook my head while watching an episode of Mickey Mouse. "Anybody home?" "Yeah don't slam the door!" Ponyboy called back but they slammed it anyways, "What the hell guys," Steve and Two-Bit both kissed my cheeks then Steve put a finger to his lips. I walked behind them to see what they possibly could be up to, obviously no good.

"PONYBOY!" Two grabbed him by the waist with his pan of raw eggs still there which fell to the floor. Steve mentioned Dally, Johnny, and, Pony being heroes.

"They thinking about splitting us up," I skimmed through the paper myself, "Where's Soda and SuperDope anyhow?" I laughed when Darry came up behind Steve and almost threw him. Soda then came out of the shower asking for his clothes. "I ironed them for you!" I shouted while sitting on the couch with Two-Bit.

Later Two was choking out Ponyboy because he didn't want him babysitting us. I laughed when Ponyboy was struggling to speak. (Who Else Laughed On The Part It Was So Funny!) After cleaning the house Ponyboy talked to Randy the Soc that jumped us while me and Two started making fun of the other three.

We visited Johnny I was nothing but tears at that point I couldn't bare to see the love of my life all burnt up like that it just wasn't right. The nurse came in telling Johnny that his mother was here, the whole gang hated her knowing what she does to Johnnycake. "I don't want to see her she's probably just here to tell how much trouble I've been cause why don't you just tell her to leave me al-."

"N-N-Nurse what happened is he okay?" I was bawling my eyes out. We saw Johnny's mama outside shouting at a nurse. "No wonder he hates you. Go straight to hell, you go straight to hell," Two had a few tears but he quickly wiped them away before we went into Dally's room. We talked about the rumble coming up tonight, "I hate missing it man," He looked at us for a short while,"We'll do it for Johnny!"

On our way home we met up with Cherry Valance. "The hell do you want," I shoved my hands in my pocket looking at her with a stern expression. "I'll talk to her," Pony gave me a 'I got this its okay' look.

This wasn't my first rumble and I'm sure it wasn't gonna be my last. "(Y/N) I don't think you should be in this rumble," Darry said as he slipped on his shirt. "Big brother I've heard to many crap for the last few days I'm (your age) I can do this and it skins anyways plus I'm a Curtis so you already know I have that fighting gene," I gave him a weak smile.

After The Rumble...

Dallas and Pony went god knows where so I went home with the rest of the boys. It isn't easy being the only girl in the gang having to mommy everyone of them. "Here Soda put that on your cheek," I gave him any cold thing I could find in the freezer. "Thanks baby sis." Ponyboy came walking in as if he's seen a ghost. "Hey where you've been," Darry got up to check if he was alright, "What's wrong buddy?"

"Johnny's dead." He hardly looked at me knowing how hurt I was gonna be,"Are you j-joking," I asked choking on my tears, he slowly shook his head while looking to the ground.

I ran out of the house I had no idea what I was doing but I didn't care at this point. I walked into a store I looked at the cashier dead in the eyes pulled out my blade. "Give me the money," he looked at me like I was crazy honestly I was going insane,"DID I STUTTER GIVE ME THE MONEY!" I ran as fast I could but then I felt a piercing pain on my arm... I got shot.

"Hello Soda?"

"No, its Two you alright (Y/N)?"

"Put my brother on the phone!"

"Hello (Y/N), where are you?"

"I robbed a store and the police are after me meet me at the park please," I held my wound feeling the blood seeping through.

I was running as fast I could I heard the sirens next thing I knew I was surrounded with police and guns. I tried to run but I was got shot in the back, then the chest.

"SHE'S JUST A KID!" I heard Steve from a distance. It was blurred but I could make out the guys running to me.

"I love y-you guys," I gave a bloody smile then it was black...