31.

Becca's P.O.V

I leave the boys and head up towards the locker , but the staircase is blocked off and Josephs standing at the bottom , motionless...

"Joseph whats happened here ?" I get no reply , "Joe ? You okay ?"

"Ellis fainted , fell right down the stairs. And all because of me." He says to me , not moving , not even an expression on his face.

"Wait how ? Whats happened ?" I ask him. He opens his mouth , about to start and explain the whole situation but we get parted by two teachers.

"Yous two , yous know Elli don't you ? Yes , well come here and help us." One teacher says , I haven't seen this teacher before , think he works in the office, you know , the place where no students are allowed to go. You just know its there , and that only certain teachers are allowed in. Me and Joseph agree , although Joseph does an un-certain nod , something bad must have happened between them for Elli to faint and for Joseph to act like this.

The other teacher clears all the students off the staircase and sends them outside , which then reveals Elli lying there on the stairs unconscious , she has a few cuts on her legs and on her head. Her forehead is bleeding a little , but not alot.

"Did any of yous two see what happened here ?" One of the teachers asks me and Joseph.

"I did , she was just running up the stairs and then she just fell , her legs just stopped moving." Joseph says , shaking a little.

"Which step was she on when she fell ?"

"Second from the top."

"Oh bless , poor girl. Shes fell down almost 7 steps. Well come on us standing here isn't going to help her. Joseph and Elli can you take her bag and blazer , Sir and I will help carry her to the nurses room." The other teacher says , we had her for History last year. Shes the one teacher I actually liked , yes she may be old but shes funny , and always listened to us.

"Come on the chop chop ! We don't have all day !" The male teacher says. Me and Joseph say nothing , we quickly grab her bag and blazer , and head toward the office , teachers and Elli only a few steps behind us.

"So what happened ?" I ask Joseph as we head along the corridor.

"I told Elli I loved her , and that I wanted to be with her. She just didn't answer , she just stood up and left..." Joseph says to me as we turn the corner.

"Wait , you asked Elli out ?"

"Yes , and shes basically just told me no. Now shes fainted ... Its all my fault I can't believe what i've done."

I say nothing in reply , I don't know what to say... I feel so sorry for Elli. And Joseph for that...

We finally reach the nurses room and Elli gets laid down onto this bed that's been set up for her. Her cuts are cleaned up , and the bleeding is stopped. That's good , cos I can't stand blood. Ew , just thinking about it makes me feel sick. While all this is happening me and Joseph sit in silence. Were holding hands , me and Joseph. Like some old married couple looking at our child in hospital , praying that they'll be okay. But it's not like that at all , i'm holding his hand for pure support , I can see how upset he is and how much she means to him. Elli's also my closest friend , like my sister , and I hate having to see her like this. Joseph can see this , so were holding hands for support and comfort , nothing else. Elli still hasn't woken up , and its been a good 15minutes since it happened. All lessons have started now , I just hope Karl isn't worrying about us 3 , wondering where we are and why we've left him.

After a few more minutes , the teachers come back into the room and announce that they're going to send Elli home as soon as she wakes up. They leave us again , just me Joseph and the nurse. Just as the door closes Elli moves , and makes a little moaning sound.

"Elli ? You there ?" Joseph says , sitting up in relief.

"Wha-what happened ? Becca ? You there ?" Elli moans. She try's to sit up and lets out a little yelp as she does. She slowly sinks back down into her original position.

"Yes i'm here Elli , your fine , everything will be okay." I say , going to stand up.

"Yous two stay here with Elli , i'm going to get Mr Lee and Mrs Harries. I'll be back in a minute." The nurse says to us 3. Mr Lee , that was his name !

"Elli you okay ?" Joseph says standing up and walking over towards her.

"I ... I don't know , what happened ?"

"You've fainted and fell down a few stairs. It was all my fault i'm so sorry Elli , I really am..."

I stand up and walk over next to Joseph , looking down at Elli. 

"Everything will be okay , i'll come and see you tonight." I say to her.

Next thing we knew the teachers were back in the room with Elli's parents , then shes gone. Gone home. I'll go visit her later tonight , you know , see how she's doing. Me and Joseph get a reward for helping out , and then get sent back to lessons. We leave the nurses room and Joseph hugs me , i hug him back. I genuinely feel sorry for him.

"Please , will you talk to her for me ?" He asks me.

"Course I will Joe." He reply's with a simple thanks , and we head towards our next lesson. We enter the art classroom and everyone's eyes are on us. But Karls look different to all the others...

Vote & Comment what you think <3

-bex xo