➳ Chapter 39 - No...

[Cayden's POV]

I groaned as I felt pain all over my body, and opened my eyes to a bright light.

What happened to me?

I let my eyes adjust a bit before I look around and realize I'm in a hospital room.

Why am I at the hospital?

Confused, I looked around, and was surprised to spot Johnnie on a chair next to Ashley. What made me want to stand up was seeing that Johnnie had a cast on his arm and was covered in scratches and bruises, SAME WITH Ashley. Alex and Shannon were here, too, but they looked fine. They were all asleep.

What the hell happened?

"J-Johnnie- AAH!" I screamed when I tried to move, feeling a god awful pain in my body.

Everyone jumped up and woke up, and were surprised.

"Cayden!" they exclaimed together and ran to my side.

"Thank goodness," Ashley sighed with relief as Johnnie hugged me with one arm as carefully as he could.

"Wha... What happened?" I mumbled, looking down to see I had tubes and wires all around me, as well as a cast on my leg and some bandages on my arms and torso.

"T-There was an accident," Alex explained. "The bus was hit and it flipped into a ditch."

My eyes widen. "What?"

"A lot of us were injured, but you were among the few who had serious injuries, the driver included," Ashley said.

I tried to take everything in before it hit me. "M-My dad...."

Everyone looked nervous before Shannon spoke. "Cayden, you need to listen to us."

I started to get scared. "W-Where's my dad? Guys?"

Ashley spoke first.

"He suffered some worse bleeding than you. There was glass in his stomach and a lot of broken ribs, and some burns...." Ashley said. "His lung collapsed when he was in surgery, Cayden..."

Tears filled my eyes. "N-No....No, he.... H-He's d-dead?" I mumbled.

"No," Ashley said, voice strained. "He's on life support, though," Ashley said.

My eye widen in shock as tears fell and then I tried to force myself to stand, but Alex and Shannon noticed and stopped me.

"Don't you dare," Shannon snapped. "You broke a lot of bones, its a miracle you didn't even break your spine completely."

"I have to see my dad!" I cried out from the pain.

"You need to rest, Cayden. When the doctor says you can, we can take you to see your dad," Alex said.

I grunted and just laid back, tears falling as a sob escaped from my throat.

"I can't lose him, too," I cried as Johnnie gripped my hand. "I can't lose anyone else."

"Shh, it's okay," Johnnie mumbled, laying down next to me and comforting me.

I kept crying until I somehow managed to cry myself to sleep after Ashley left to get a doctor.

I can't lose him, too.

~~~

I was debating who would be in worse condition, CC or Cayden, and I decided to pick Cayden, and you guys will soon see why.

♡~ sapphire.