➳ Chapter 27 - Confessions

[Cayden's POV]

We stayed like that for who knows how long. I was still until I felt myself relax and kiss him back, my arms wrapping around him.

Its weird how much I like this... Kissing my childhood best friend.

I never thought about leaning the other way, yet I always wondered what its like to like someone of the same sex.

I always had a little hidden crush on Johnnie, but just thought that was my curiosity coming to a climax.

Johnnie is nice, funny, caring, and a cute guy. We've been through everything together, he's always had my back just like I've always had his.

We kissed for a while longer before pulling back, and I looked back at him.

"J-Johnnie..." I said, still surprised at what happened.

"I knew you'd hate me," he mumbled and was about to get up and leave, but I grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Johnnie, wait!" I said, pulling him down to the ground.

He looked up at me, scared.

"Johnnie, I don't hate you," I said.

His eyes widen. "Y-You don't?"

"Of course not. I was just surprised," I said.

He looked down and rubbing his arms. "Its just... I... I really like you, Cayden. For as long as I can remember, I've always liked you a lot," he said, wiping the tears away from his eyes. "But I thought you would hate me of you knew since you once had a bit of a crush on Alex, even though you didn't really go anywhere with her and just remaind her friend," he said. "But I kept thinking you liked girls and didn't like me or would laugh and-"

I pulled his face towards mine and kissed him. He was surprised and stayed stilled before relaxing and hugging my neck as we kissed.

We then pulled back and looked at each other, and I gave a small smile.

"T-There's a way to shut me up," he mumbled, his face burned red with blush.

"I like you a lot, too, Johnnie," I smiled.

He looked up at me and his eyes were big. "Y-You do?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I did like Alex when we were in 9th grade, but she's like a sister to me, so I didn't really have much feelings for her as time went by," I said. "But I liked you, a lot, and still do."

He looked up smiling a little.

I smiled and lean in, kissing his cheek.

"Come on, before they all wonder what's taking so long. Let's wash your face," I said, getting up and helping him up.

He splashed some cold water on his face and I got some paper towels for him and soon we walked out.

"There they are," Andy said.

"Where were you guys?" Dad asked.

"Just helping Johnnie out a bit," I smiled, patting his back as he stood there shyly.

"You doing okay now, Johnnie?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, I am. Sorry everyone," he said.

"No need to apologize, sweetheart. Hey, we ordered another desert just for fun," Jinxx's girlfriend, Alice, said. "Have a seat you two."

We took our seats as we got into a conversation, sipping some drinks.

Johnnie secretly clung to my hand and I smiled and clutch back.

[Shannon's POV]

I looked over as Johnnie and Cayden smiled at each other and then smirked at Alex.

She smirked back since we knew what really happened, since it was obvious.

"They totally kissed," she whispered.

"Agreed," I smiled, and we got our drink glasses and clinked them together before taking a sip and we all just finished eating before the food was paid and all we left.

~~~~~~~~

Picture: represents Cayden & Johnnie ♡