➳ Chapter 41 - Hope

Hey guys. So, Wattpad decided to be an asshole and  erased this chapter the first time, I dont know how, so I had to delete that chapter and rewrite it, which pissed me off because I literally kind of sort of risked my job writing up and drafting that chapter, so to have it just disappear like really pissed me off.

But I thankfully still had the written drafts (usually I throw out any written draft once I'm done with it, but since I wrote it in a notebook it was still there) so here is the chapter.

~~~~

[Johnnie's POV]

A week passed. Cayden was soon released, but was on strict bed rest orders.

Unfortunately, even the children of rock stars can be stubborn to what their own doctors say, so now he's planted by his father's side.

CC hasn't shown any signs of getting better at all, and the guys can't keep trying to convince the doctor to keep him on life support forever, (even if they have Andy to speak, who I must say is definitely the most stubborn guy I have ever met on the face of this earth, aside from Cayden).

Ashley had told me about Hannah's condition and we agreed not to tell anyone, especially Cayden.

Just until we're sure CC was going to be okay.

 I sat in a chair next to Cayden as he sat by his father's side, machines still beeping monotonously.

Cayden's arms were covered in bandages, as well as his abdomen, and his legs was in a cast. His wrist was in a kind of hold thing since it was also fractured.

I still had a cast on my arm for a few months, so that kind of sucks.

Right now, it was me, Cayden, Hannah, Ashley, Nikki, Jinxx and Alice in the room, everyone else either getting food or on strict bed rest orders and listening to them.

All of this was bringing back bad flashbacks from when it was my dad, but I have to be strong for Cayden right now. He needs me at a time like this now, and I can't be in a corner rocking back and forth in a fetal position sobbing and having a bunch of panic attacks hit me all at once.

Ashley sat trying to distract himself with his phone. He had given in and cried a couple of times. Then again, a lot of us had our share in tearshed.

While Nikki was asleep and leaned against his shoulder.Jinxxwas also asleep, and Alice was making sure Hannah was, too, since she finally gave in to sleep a few hours ago after finally eating something.

I'm glad she did, though. I don't want to see her or the baby get sick or something. Hannah's too nice, and she's really scared of what was happening and trying so hard to be brave and hopeful.

I reached over with my good hand and carefully held Cayden's, making sure I didn't hurt his injured wrist. He gripped back the best he could.

"He should be awake by now," he mumbled as I scooted my seat closer to his, resting my cheek gently on his shoulder.

"He'll come through, babe," I said, kissing his shoulder. "You'll see."

"Right now, we just need to hope Cayden," Ashley said, and we look to see him looking at us. "Hope, pray to whatever you believe in that your dad is gonna come to. He's tough, but we still got to have hope."

Cayden sighed and just leaned his head against mine.

"Johnnie," he spoke.

"Hm?"

"If this is hurting you, or scaring you in anyway... You don't have to be here," he said. "I-I know what you went through, and I know it took its toll on you, so if you need to step out or go home, let me know and I'll call Bryan."

I looked up at him, knowing he was talking about when my dad died, but I shook my head.

"No, don't call him. I am scared and at a point of breaking down, but I want to be there for you, and be strong for you," I murmured as I nuzzled his neck. "You were there when my dad was sick and dying, and even afterwards... Let me be there for you now."

He looked up, tears in his eyes before reaching out and holding his palm over my cheek and leaning over, kissing my lips.

I kiss back, gripping to his hand before he pulled back, smiling a little.

"I'm so glad I have someone like you in my life, Johnnie," he smiled.

I blushed a bit and was about to say something when suddenly...

beep-beep-beep-beep-beep........

The machines started to beep and hiss rapidly.

"What the-?" Nikki asked as everyone shot up, now awake.

"Christian?!" Hannah cried out as Alice held her shoulders.

"Oh no," Jinxx gasped.

"Dad?!" Cayden exclaimed as the machines sped up.

All of a sudden, the heart monitor flat lined and it all went still.

~~~

Picture: Johnnie

I will try to work on the next chapter as soon as I can. I'm working a lot and come home really exhausted so I will try and see when I can update again. But I will start drafting little by little.

♡~ sapphire.