➳ Chapter 15 - DNA

[Jinxx's POV]

We soon made it to the hotel and relaxed.

I then decided to accompany Cayden and CC to the clinic nearby.

CC signed them in while I sat with Cayden and I saw he seemed sad.

"You doing okay?" I asked.

He looked up. "Its just... I haven't really spoken to my friends in a long time. Not since I got a chance to use a computer at the foster home. I just want to know if Johnnie and Alex are doing okay," he said.

I got sad. Poor kid also had to leave his friends behind

"Tell you what. When we go back home and have better communication with internet and cell service and stuff, I'll help you contact them. Deal?" I asked.

He looked up and smiled. "Thanks, Jinxx."

I smiled back and soon they were called up and I just looked through some magazine piles and something caught my eye.

"Ooh, Symphony Weekly," I said, pleased.

[CC's POV]

"Okay, Mr. Mora, I'm going to get a swab from the insides of your cheeks and also Cayden's get some samples, and will need a blood sample," the nurse said.

"No problem," I said as she held two vials in her hand, a cotton swab in another.

"Open please," She said.

I opened my mouth and she stuck the swab in, wiping the inside of my right cheek and then sticking the swab in one vial, then did the same with the other cheek.

She did the same with Cayden before another nurse took blood samples.

Cayden seemed a bit uneasy, but managed.

"Alright, the results should be delivered to your home address in California in about a week or two.

"Thank you," I said.

I then noticed Cayden at the counter near a candy jar.

"Cayden," I said.

He turned and had 3 lollipops in his mouths.

Me and Jinxx looked at him.

"What?" he said with a full mouth. "Theyre Dum-Dums."

Jinxx chuckled and pulled him over, Cayden able to grab three more. "Let's go, buddy."

We headed back to the hotel and started to get ready for the show.