Chapter 94:

CLARY

It's been a week and I haven't heard from Jon and Amatis about Valentine. But also I know that Amatis's are doing everything they can so that Valentine would back down. I told them that no matter what, I don't want Valentine dead. Even though I pretty much threatened him, he's still our Dad. We have good memories when we were kids.

Jace and I are in an superb situation right now, we're back together like nothing happened. He's pretty much nervous when it comes to handling the twins, we're still staying at Mom's house, since Mom wanted to keep an eye at us. She's still worried about Valentine's threat. 

"Hey, love..." I blinked and looked up to Jace who is standing against to the doorway.

"Aren't you hungry? It's past noon..." Jace tells me with his soft caring voice. I put my paint brush down since I've been painting ever since the twins took their nap.

"Have you eaten?" I ask. He shook his head into a no. I smiled.

We're both eating lunch at the same time, watching television.

"Have you heard anything about Amatis?" Jace asks casually.

It's true Valentine has been quiet for the whole week, I thought he'll make a move not that I don't mind this quietness. But still I wanna know about whatever is happening really. Jon won't tell me anything, I haven't seen Aunt Amatis since last week.

"I haven't heard anything about them..." I tell him.

Jace let out a small sigh.

"What is it?" I ask.

He then pointed his finger on the television.

"By the Angel..." I unbelievably said.

Valentine is backing out, he's leaving the country. All of his shares will be given to Bass. Since he's the oldest. He says that he's retiring and want to travel. But I doubt, something must have happened.

"This can't be true..." I say.

"Let's just wait for your Mom, okay?" Jace says holding my left hand. Caressing the finger where my ring is. I bite my lip.

It's been a week and now we're really back together. And with Valentine leaving the country, I don't know what else to feel.

I nodded and put the plate down on the coffee table.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
It was already seven in the evening when mom and Luke arrived, they're both looked exhausted and relieved at the same time.

"Clary. I'm sure you've seen the news..." Mom asks me as she took a seat on the couch with Luke.

As Jace and I are carrying the twins.

"Yeah. We did..." I simply told them.

"Bass will be the head of the Morgenstern's from now on. He'll start working tomorrow. He'll be needing you there from time to time..." Mom tells me.

"Of course, I'll help him.."

"You sure you can?" Mom asks me.

"Of course, how about Aline? How is she?" I asked since I haven't seen them after Aline got discharged at the hospital.

"She's great. They're actually having a party tomorrow. You know because of the babies and the new house..." Mom tells me. I chuckled and looked at Jace.

"Well, that's great..." I simply say.
-------------------------------------------
"Jace?" I say.

"Yeah?" He murmured. The twins are finally asleep now and it left me with thoughts.

"I don't think this is the end of it..." I simply say. Jace shifted and held me up close to him.

"Don't think too much. I promised that I'll keep you safe no matter what.." He tells me smoothly caressing my back.

I hug him tightly, "yeah, don't leave me again, yeah?" I say with my soft voice. I felt Jace stiffened a little, but soon he hugs me back tightly.

"I really missed you..." he murmurs, sniffing my hair. 

X