Chapter 114: Penny

3 months later...

Clary won the side of the Starkweather family.. The moment she found out that Ian's daughter, Penny belongs to the Starkweather family, the family who owns the biggest, finest hospital in New York.. She worked her ass off to help Ian to impress them, they're the most austere family that ever lived, good thing Tessa is a close friend of hers, and Mom has a close connection to Adele, Tessa's mother.. 

Clary helped Ian to prove his worth to the family.. They finally gave in after a month of convincing, they've been letting Ian take little Penny if Clary's around and Clary never bother she felt happy when Aloysius agreed with the arrangement..

"You're lucky, you got into the Morgensterns..." Aloysius told them sternly..  Clary let out a low chuckle, "He's lucky indeed, because his daughter belongs to the Starkweather family..." she says amusingly. 

Aloysius Starkweather the Head of the Starkweather family.. 

"But, will all due respect, Ian's been working really hard, so I'm really thankful for this arrangement. I hope you don't mind, Ian's felt really bad on what happened that year..." Clary tells him firmly.. They're in his hospital office waiting for little Penny to arrive..

Ian felt nervous still even though he'd been coming in and out of his office for a month now.. 

"Alright, Alright.. You really got me there Clarissa. If it weren't for my dear Tessa and Adele, Ian won't even step a single foot on this floor.." He tells them..

That was 3 months ago.. Right now Ian and Penny are living the best of their lives, blending in with the Morgensterns. Penny is quite fond of the twins, and Clary can't help but to feel ecstatic whenever Penny's around. She's like the older sister who loves the twins dearly..

"They grow up really fast..." Clary murmurs as she looks happily to the kids, who was busy playing in the playroom at the Fairchild Manor.. It's been 3 months now, and they've been living peacefully, without any movements coming from his father..

"Yeah, the twins are turning 1 year old in 2 months.. What do you plan to do?" Ian asks kindly.

It's a lovely Sunday afternoon and the 5 of them didn't go out for the day, they just decided to chill and relax since tomorrow will be another hectic Monday.

"I really don't know.. I haven't thought about it.." Clary answered him dearly.. She was quite busy with herself being pregnant that she forgot about the twins upcoming birthday. It's not like she wanted to, but she's been stressing it out because of her morning sickness, but now that the first trimester was over, she's been having the stress free pregnant life.

"Well how about, I help you organize it?" Ian asks her dearly.

Clary smiled and nodded.

"Auntie Clary....." Clary looks at little Penny who was strutting towards her. Clary can't help but smile to the lovely 4 year old Penny. She's a lovely and smart child and the fact that she looks exactly like Ian makes it more lovely.. But of course if you know the Starkweather's that much, you'll know that this kid is their granddaughter... 

"I want to go to the twins birthday.. Can I too?" she asks nicely.

"Of course you can... I'll let you do anything you want.." she says, Penny grinned and stared at her with her wide eyes.. She seems excited and wanted to ask something more..

Ian stared at her little girl and Clary. He can't help it, he really wished that Clary will be over it by now, or more like in the future. But no, he can't be really selfish, he knows that she'll never be over him.

"Is there something you wanna ask, Penny?" Ian ask his daughter kindly. Penny looks at him, her face is turning like a tomato.. She feels shy at the moment.

"Then----" 

"What is it?" Clary asks with a smile.

"Can I call you mommy?" she asks with her low voice, staring down on the floors that no one probably heard. But no, Ian heard it and he stiffened. Clary frowned and stared at him then to little Penny. 

"Can you tell me again? I'm sorry Penny, I didn't hear what you just said.." 

Penny muster up all her courage and look back up to her dad then to Clary, "can I call you mommy?" she asks.

Clary gasps and covered her mouth, she was shocked and happy at the same time... She grabs Penny and engulf her into a big hug, "of course baby.. you can call me mommy, I'll be your mommy as long as you want.."

Penny grin widely, "really?" Clary nodded, "of course.. But Penny do you understand what it is to be a mommy?" Clary asks carefully.. She knows where to stand and of course she doesn't want to hurt the child when the time comes.

"Yes. I do.. You have to marry Daddy if I want you to be my mommy forever... But---" she stopped and looks at them nervously..

"Go on baby.." Clary tells.

"But I know that the twins have father and I don't know if you'll ever marry Daddy, but I hope you do.. But if you don't end up getting married, I still wanna be your daughter, and I want to be able to see the twins.. I still wanna call you mommy.." she explains further. Clary can't help but to tear up, "Ohh... Of course, oh my... Ian.." Clary looked at Ian sobbing. Ian sighed.

"Alright, alright.. Look your mommy is tearing up.." 

"Daddy it's not my fault that you're so slow.... Mommy loves me more than you.." Penny says cheekily. Ian frowned and let out a low chuckle.

"Penny, thank you for being a smart and understanding kid.." Ian patted her daughters head.. She looks up to him and lift her arms up, she wanted to be hugged by her father. 

"I guess we just have to work hard for mommy to marry me.. Right?" Ian says amusingly. Clary stiffened for a moment and stares at him. She bites her lips and wipe the tears from her cheeks.. She composed herself and didn't bother to refute. 

She knows to herself that she'll never ever marry him.. Of course she loves him, but she really don't want to get married..

"Clary..." a knock interrupted their sweet moment, the door opened and there Jon, Izzy and Jocelyn entered..

Izzy beams when she saw little Penny, "ohmmy, Penny.. Come here to Aunt Izzy.." she perks up and told her Daddy to put her down.. She ran towards Izzy and gave her a quick peck..

"How bout' me huh? We all know I'm your favorite Uncle..." Jon says.. Izzy turns and glare at him playfully.

"Who says?"

"I do... I love Uncle Jon the most." Penny says with a grin and widely open up her arms to be carried by him. Jon leaned down and carried her, "see.. I told you she loves me.." 

"You..." 

"That's why I told you we should have a baby..." 

"Jon!!!" Izzy glared at him..

Penny and the rest chuckled. "Yes, Aunt Izzy.. You should have a baby, I can't wait to have more little brothers and sisters. And I want Uncle Jon's hair too...." she says caressing his white blonde hair...

"Alright, Alright.. Dinner's almost ready.. We should head downstairs.." Jocelyn says with a grin, walking towards the twins are. She carried little Stephen up and Ian carried little Chris..

X