Chapter 37:

CLARY

The moment I left the Institute grounds, I was driving my way to the city just thinking not knowing where to go, then after driving for seems like hours, I end up at Eric's. But before that I phoned him first, he said that I can come by..

" Monique. " I greet her, with a warm hug at the door. She pulls me inside afterwards. This is new, Eric never bring a girl home with him. He always ends up checking in to their hotel to get laid. I thought to myself. 

"Eric's still in the shower.." she simply says, I plop myself on the couch while waiting for him. Moments later Eric is drying his hair in front of me with a smug smile staring at me.... I nonchalantly stare at him.. 

"Don't give me that look Clary...." he says,  I crossed my arms to my chest leaning on the couch, "What? I don't have that look? Do you see this face? I'm good..." I bitterly tell him. This man, he's like Jon, I can't keep anything from him.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "really? so why are you here? It's not like you go here for nothing..." he simply stated giving me that 'tell me' look.

I scowl at him, "Jace and I had a fight..." I simply told him, he chuckled. I glared at him, "you wanna know why?" He nodded.. "Because I was wearing this..." I say pointing to myself, standing up.. Eric burst our laughing afterwards. 

"That's stupid...Are you for real?" He asks me with a laugh. I fall back on the couch, "I know right? He's being silly... I mean I always wore this to gym class. What does he expect me to wear?Pajamas?" I say exasperatedly.

"Hey I'm not good in this kind of talk Clary, but to tell you the truth for me, your gym outfit is appropriate, and who doesn't want a gorgeous girl by their side when walking? While men are looking at her like 'Damn that dude is so blessed', right?" he stated with a chuckle. But the last, part made me cringe. Damn men and their egos, I thought to myself.

"Well, I take that as a compliment...." I muttered, he left the couch and went back with corona's on hand. Great, he totally knows what I need.

"Here.. to keep your mind off...." He says giving me the drink I took it and drink it. I love corona's when it came to beer who doesn't right? Soon I was down with my 3rd bottle and we are laughing because of something that Simon did, I told Eric that he's dating Maureen now and that he was totally pissed of Izzy agreeing marrying Jon then Eric commented that Maureen is a sick bitch she's obsessing much into Simon.

"The sun is out, ready Clare?" He says walking up to the door grabbing his and Monique's jacket, at first I was confused then I realize there's a race tonight, It's already 7 in the evening I smirked and stood up.

Shortly we arrived where the street wars are, all cars booming up as we arrived they all know me as Jon's sister but they didn't know that I race, they always know the girl who races in Mustang, I smirked. Eric and I parked our cars upfront where our usual spot is.

"Hey Clare, wanna race tonight?" Eric asked me after talking to the guy who has the list of everyone who is in here.

"You know I can't, and I don't have my car." I said.

"Well.." He says looking up from the tab.

"There's isn't anyone in here, so you can race using mine, you know telling them that it's gonna be your first time because you just learned how to drive with a stick. Of course they all know you're the Morgenstern girl...." He says, smirking at me. Well, that's quite an alibi, everyone knows I'm the Morgenstern girl then Eric says there's nothing in the crowd right now that is totally important. I smirked.

"Fine, one race." I said.

"Good. Use mine...." He says throwing me his keys, as I caught it I let out a breath, By the Angel I'm driving Eric's Car 1967 Camaro I yelp.