Chapter 73:

JACE

I know it seems that I don't care at all. That everything's fine with me. But no, my relationship with Clary have been more miserable, even though we enjoyed a lot when we were in Paris, I know something is up when we came back. I just don't want to bother asking, if they wanted to tell me, they will. I know they're up to something.

I just wished Clary would tell me something. I never asked her because I don't want to stress her out, knowing that she's in too much stress right now. I don't want her to think that I feel agitated about the situation. I want her to focus with her plan and anything else. The important thing is that she's going home to me.

I know Nathan is a good person and I trusted him. He won't do anything to harm my relationship with Clary. He's just stuck with his father's feud with Valentine. And I know he's doing this for the sake of his own company also, and I understand that.

"You okay, Jace?" Jon asks me the moment Clary left, with Izzy. Clary and Nathan are having dinner soon, I thought to myself. I blinked looking at Jon.

"You seem like in a deep thought. You stopped playing..." He gestured. I chuckle.

"I'm fine..." I told him.

"Look. I know for a fact that you're not fine. With these things happening, I know you're not..." He told me as he lets go of the controller.

I sighed. Are we seriously having that talk? I look at Simon pleading. He smirked lightly shaking his head, I can't get away with this.

"Fine. We'll talk..." I muttered.

"I realized that Clary and you aren't talking. It seems like you don't care at all..." Jon commented, "well, what am I supposed to do? I don't want to stress her out, I don't want her to feel bad with me whining.. I'll just wait and do anything I can for her.." I say

"I don't want to pressure her. I don't want her to leave me because she feels guilty. That's why I don't talk. We don't talk about it...." I say. Jon sighs.

"So you don't plan to fight back?" Simon asks.

I groaned. Mom told me that if I need anything, I should come to her and Dad. We can fight she told me. But I don't want to risk it, yet. I trust Clary. This was her decision. I'll let her.

"Not yet..." I told them.

"So when? You can't just sit there, wait for Clary. This will take long, you know that. Did you?" Jon says. I nodded.

":ook, I just want Clary to do her thing. She loves her family and friends so much. I trust her. That's why I'm letting her fight this..." I told them.

"Fine. But I swear if you leave, I'll kill you.... " Jon threatens me jokingly. But I know for a fact that it's not a joke.

I shook my head and chuckle.

"You know what, we should jam..." I told them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

CLARY

I let out a smile when I heard the sounds coming from downstairs. They're playing, I look at Izzy playfully and just like she reads my mind. I let myself dress up quickly and we went downstairs. This is what I need. Maybe two songs before leaving.

"Maybe you should bring Nathan here, later. It's been a while since we played with him..." Izzy commented as we opened the door. They didn't stop, of course, they all just smiled at us.

They're playing Sorry by Justin Bieber.

"JB? Seriously?" I mock them. But of course, Izzy and I joined them. It was already six in the evening when I realized that I'm getting late. I'll be meeting Nathan and Tessa for dinner, of course, I didn't tell Jace that Tessa is coming.