Chapter 109:

Few hours later the auction is about to end. They will reveal the last item of the night in a few minutes and the bidding will start. 

"Are you alright?" Ian asks Clary.. Clary was sipping her wine, it ease her for a bit. For the whole night her father didn't even talk to her, even Matilda.. Matilda didn't even said to hi to her up close when their eyes met earlier.. 

"I'm fine.." she says. She was sipping her 8th glass of wine, no, probably 10th glass..

"Are you sure? You've been drinking quite a lot.." he tells Clary worriedly..

"I'm really fine..." she muttered. Her head began to hurt a while ago, Jace hasn't made his appearance just yet. Is there really no hope? she thought to herself. Even Matilda isn't even approaching her.. 

"Do you wanna go?" Ian asks away.. But Clary didn't even respond to her right away, his brow furrows and glance at her intently, she was staring at someone.. 

Ian turns to the direction where she was looking. He blinks and there he saw, Jace Herondale. He just arrived and he's right beside Valentine, talking. He looked a bit disheveled, he must've been under a lot of stress. 

"Ian....let's go.. I don't think...." this time Clary grabs his hand harshly.. Jace seems different she thought to herself.. He lost a bit of weight, he must've been working hard.. Clary thought to herself.

"Yes, let's go. I don't think I can face him.. This is fine.." Clary says standing up from her chair walking out of the hall. She can't seem to get herself to talk to him, when she saw how he looked, her confidence of wanting to talk to him vanished.. 

The both of them arrived at a lounge, Clary sat down on one of the lounge chair.. Her hand on her chest, feeling the tightness to it. 

"Ian.. I think I need to be alone for a while.. Do you mind?" Clary says not even bothering giving him a glance. Ian stiffened feeling a bit hurt, when she saw Clary's state. 

"Clary....." he sighed, "please will talk to me first?" Ian pleaded holding her hand tightly... 

This time Clary looked back at him, with an awkward smile.. "I'm fine Ian.. I will be fine.." she reassures him with a swift kiss to his cheek. Ian grabs her face and kissed her once again..

"Alright...I'll be in my room.." 

-----------------------------------------

CLARY 

My heart tightened when I saw how Jace looked like. He lost a lot of weight, his appearance made my breath hitched in a bad way.. He must've been working his ass off and he's definitely having a hard time.. It's only been 6 months but he changed drastically. 

His demeanor changed, he looks like a mature stoic man who have a lot on his mind. I can't bare to approach him, when I saw him like that. I decided to wait and just let the course flow on its own. 

But it was painful indeed seeing him after so many months.. I wanna run to him and hug him, I wanna talk to him.

It was almost midnight when I arrived at the rooftop bar. It was bustling, I made my way to the bar and sat on one of the bar stool, I ordered and enjoyed my drink.. Not minding peoples stares clearly some of them recognized me, some actually dared to approach me and talk to me professionally. Some men approached me for my number, I just brushed them off saying that I don't need their company..

I already decided that I'm not going to chase after Jace anymore, instead I'll just going to work hard and start focusing with the kids and maybe with the company. If Jace is working that hard, he must've been wanting to prove something to Valentine. I'm going to the same, I'll just let him be  and be happy for what I have right now..

It was almost 3 in the morning when I ask the bartender for my tab, I'm smashed and I can't think clearly anymore and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to walk properly back to my room.. 

"Miss Morgenstern, you tab has already been paid.. Do you need assistance in going back to your room?" the bartender asks me, I frown "what do you mean?" my words slurred..

I waved my hand when I realized something, "oh right... perks of being a family..." I say and waved my goodbye at him..

I strut towards the elevator and punch the button..

"Damn.. My head hurts.." I say leaning against on the elevator walls, waiting for it to stop on my floor. My head's really aching right now.. 

I really hope that Jace and I won't cross paths on the hallway, I thought to myself..

I groaned, "Ian will be pissed..." I murmured to myself as the elevator door opens and I strut towards my room... I stopped and was trying hard to slide the card but missed.. I bump my head on the door and groaned, "why won't it open?....." I murmured.. 

I grabbed the door and accidentally opened it rashly. I fell down a little bit, boy that hurts... I let out a soft moan, standing up making my way to the bed. It was dark and it smell mints and cigar that made my mind float. 

I removed my heels and was about to jumped on the bed when I bumped on someone, I frown. He was holding me tight, he also smelt alcohol.. 

I moan, "my head hurts..." I simply say, glancing up to see who was holding me.. 

The man let out a chuckle, "Seriously, that man won't stop sending me girls...." I heard him say. He must not know me, he grabs my face and stare at me, "hmm you look like...." but before I can hear him say another word, I grab him and kissed him...

"I must be dreaming...." I murmured as he pulls away from. I sensed some familiarity from him, but then again I must be dreaming.. 

I heard the man chuckle, "how did you get into my room?" he was holding me tightly that I can't barely understand what he was saying.. I literally melted into his arms.

I giggled "I don't know what you were saying... But just this once..." by that I grabbed him and hungrily kissed him.. 

He lets out a groan, and we totally melted with each other..

The night went to steamy to rough one.

X