Chapter 20 : Complications

Clary left the penthouse and hop in to her Mini Cooper and drove all the way to Prospect Heights, she arrived at Bass and Jace's place 15 minutes before 9. She hear laughter while walking towards their front door. She stopped at the front with a smile plastered on her face. She's felt happy. She push the buzzer and Bass quickly answered.

The guys were almost done setting the table with chatters when they heard the buzzer. Izzy squeals telling them it must be Clary. Bass went to welcome her.

"Hey...." Clary smiled at her brother.

Bass smirks, asking her what took her so long.

"I over slept" Clary answers, looking shy. Bass snickered telling her to come in, as soon as Jace saw her, he felt like the world has stopped again just like the time he first saw her. Clary looks at him confusingly while greeting everyone with hugs and kisses. She soon reached Jace, flashing him her adorable smile.

"What are you staring at?" Clary asks genuinely, Jace shook his head letting out a small chuckle pulling her for a hug. 

Clary was a bit taken a back by his action. She can't help it, it felt like they've known each other for a long time.

"You look smoking hot." Jace whispers to her ear before pulling himself from her. Clary blinks and stare at him amusingly, 'what's wrong with what I'm wearing?' she asks herself. This was her comfy outfit she thought to herself again. It's just a black crop top, a casual walking black shorts and some black sneakers.

Jace grins and leans towards her again "your nose ring turns me on," he murmurs slightly nibbling her ear. Clary gasps a bit, but before she could react entirely Jace gave her a sweet peck on her lips.

Jon and Bass groaned at the same time, "seriously, I don't know why you let Clary be with Jace," Jon says annoyingly to Bass. Bass snorted to his comment, "it's not like I let her be, I perfectly know Clary and I know Jace," Bass tells him.

Clary chuckles and staring back at Jace, "you have yours too," Clary stated confusingly admiring why she haven't notice it before. 

"Is this the first time you dated someone who wears sneakers" Jon joked, the rest of them laughed at him.

Bass called Jace for a bit, Clary sat right next to Jon.

"What happened? Eric called me he said you took off seriously pissed, " Jon asks Clary with her lowered voice. 

"I lost my second race, but my first race was with Raphael" Clary stated.

Simon stares at Clary confusingly.. "Raphael?" 

Clary nods, "yes it was Raphael"

"Raphael? That perv Jace punched?" Jon asks annoyingly, Clary nodded again. 

"How much?"

"I won 10 grand against Raphael, then I lost 5 grand from that newbie bastard who beat me." Clary says annoyingly, remembering that golden boy who beats her for the first time, well Jon was not counted, since Jon is really the big deal when it comes to racing.

"Wow! That Raphael is a complete show off, not bad Clare, and you have to explain to Izzy about this hobby of ours, because she caught us off guard earlier." Jon says looking guilty. Clary glared at him. She can't believe that she was the one who had to say it, he's the one dating her. She thought to herself. Clary was about to retort when Bass told them that the food is ready and that we should start eating. The table was only an 8 seater, so Jace and Clary choose to sit onto the kitchen counter stools. They all settled, Clary looking joyful because of the food. She grabs some beer and sat on the counter stool.