Chapter 22:

CLARY

When I saw Jon's battered face earlier, I already knew that it would end up to this. I know that going out, going to Eric, racing is his way to blow off some steams and I know that because that's what exactly what I'm doing also. Good thing though I never spilled everything about it, I just told them about Jon, not me. I cannot, I can't let Bass knows that her younger sister is exactly like her twin well not exactly really but still.

I never expected either that Eric would tell us, that he's a cousin of the Lightwoods kids, I always wanted to asked Eric about that but I never got the chance because he never asked me about our family either although I know he knows a lot. Well I guess Izzy will have the talk to her brother and Mother too sooner.

As we left Eric's loft I told Jon that I would be sleeping over at Bass & Jace's because of the fact that I left my car there well it's true I left it but I missed Jace a lot. Even though we've been together since Friday it's like everyday I'm with him and I can't live without him. I missed waking up in the morning by his side, even we only slept together twice, I mean literally slept.

Our ride on the way at Jace and Bass place, is silent. Jace and Bass were stealing glances, I wonder why. As we arrived at their place, I lay myself onto the couch. Bass just chuckled, and Jace well he just sat on the other side. Bass keep glancing on his phone looking worried.

"You still care about Aline don't you?" I asked Bass, he looks at me slightly shock, he sighs and shook his head.

"Yes I still, but it's different now," he merely stated a fact. Indeed it is different now, given the face that his younger brother loves Aline. And I know for a fact that Bass really did love Aline back then, I wonder what really made him give it up. 

"So Clare, how exactly did you meet Eric?" he asks me before I can squeeze the shit out of him about how he really felt about Aline. I sighed, I know he will indeed bombard me with questions.

"Jon was sneaking out since freshmen, I don't really know how he met Eric I never asked how, he's a cool dude, like a brother to me also. When Jon was almost got caught it was the end of the sophomore year, Jon and I were living at mom's place back then, and I was still awake when Mom went looking for Jon, so I reasoned for him and then I asked Jon, when he got back " I stated the truth, that was indeed what happened back then. I let out a slight chuckle remembering about it.

"So you're not into street racing?" this time it was Jace who asked the question, I glanced at him shaking my head, "no, Angel, no. I don't even know how to drive with a stick, well I know, but I don't wanna, it's quite the hassle" I lied

"Great! That's good, because we can't handle another racer in our family," Bass stated, I looked at him with a questionable look, he sighs.

"I also used to race," he says, I blink and stared at him elevated.

"Really? Why? Why did you stop? How could you stop? I still remember when Jon brought me for the first time to the streets, he also made me sit with him while he drives, it was quite elevating. " I asked him, excitedly. Indeed it was, that's why I made Jon teach me how to drive, I thought to myself.

"Well, it was before Jace and I become close Freshman in London. Then father caught me and almost got me cut off, I'm driving a Mustang Boss 302 Red," he stated, I blink and stare at Jace.

"What? Jace knew about this? You and Jon are really brothers, he's driving the same too. Well Simon..... " I quickly covered my mouth.

Bass nodded agreeing to what I just said, but he didn't miss the fact that I mentioned Simon, he glanced at me with a pointed look, but before he could mutter a question, Jace beats him to it, "what do you mean Simon? Clearly Simon knows but are you saying he's into street racing? " Jace asked me.

"Well he is. Actually I think he's the one who introduced Eric to Jon, because Eric and Simon is in a band. No one knows about this just Izzy," I smiled at them.

"Seriously though, clearly I missed all the fun" Bass sighs exasperatedly.

"Yes you did!" I chuckled. "So, where's your bedroom? I'm sleepy," I stood up, looking at Jace, he smirks and stood up, he holds my hand and lead the way.

"Hey. I don't want to hear any sounds Jace!" Bass shouted, seriously, sex talk.

"We ain't gonna do anything," I told him. Jace looked at me with a confuse look, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on, I wanna see your bedroom," I patted his back with a look, he shook his head and let out a soft chuckle.

Jace and I reached his door, he grab the knob and opened the door. I looked around Jace's bedroom and let out a soft sigh, it was neat like a monk been living in. His walls are gray, the bed is a king sized with gray covers same with the pillows , there isn't much in his bedroom.

I lay myself on the bed instantly, looking at the ceiling and sighed. Jace laid beside me, looking into the ceiling also.

"You know a lot of secrets came out today, I wonder if that's all it is," Jace asked, but it was like he's talking to himself.

"Trust me, that's not all but you'll know it when the right time comes, after all our families are have complicated lives," I told him. I wonder when all these secrets will stop. I don't know either if there are more. But I know there is.

Jace stood up, disappearing to a door that I didn't recognize earlier I guess it's a walk in closet and a bathroom because when he came back he's wearing a trousers and a loose shirt ready for bed. He tossed me one of his shirts, and smirked. I looked at him smiling awkwardly.

"What? Do you need me to leave for to change?" He asked me.

"No" I told him. I'm sure I was blushing like a tomato.

"Go change. You can't sleep like that," He says pointing on what I'm wearing.

I groaned and stood up, I was getting comfortable on the bed. I don't wanna get up. I felt lazy. I thought.

I removed my shoes, lift my shirt up and put on the shirt gave to me and the I removed my shorts. I can feel Jace looking at me. I looked at him, and he motions for me to lay on the bed.

I lay beside Jace, looking at his eyes, he smiles at me tucking loose strand of my hair to my ears.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him.

"Nothing much. I just.... I never been with a girl before not like this, not even when I dated Aline. "He told me.

"Why is that?" I asked him again. Jace sighed. Jace pulled me into his embrace , I laid my head on his chest draping my arm into his waist.

"I guess I never found the right girl before," he grabs my chin so that I will look at him. I smiled at him with my sweetest smile.

"I love you Clary, always." he told me and then kissing me passionately. We pulled a way long after.

"I love you too Always." I told him.

We pulled the covers over us, and by that we had fallen asleep.

Dunnn x