Chapter 78: Matilda

CELINE

I knew I did the right thing. And I'm very thankful that Matilda agreed with me and took my favor. Matilda's a sweet girl, I wondered why Jace didn't think of dating her. To think that Matilda used to like him.

"Celine..." Matilda's voice beams. I left my office and greeted her. It was her first day at school, I told Maryse about Matilda and everything and she agreed to it. Telling me that it was no big deal.

"Hey, darling. How was school?" I ask her with a smile. She smiles back at me and went to the kitchen to prepare some coffee. This girl loves coffee so much, like Clary. I told Matilda that she can stay here at my place since she hasn't decided yet, where to live.

"It was fine. Jace is fine..." She told me with a smile.

"You two met?.."

"Yeah. Although he seems to chase this girl, Clary when we met..." She told me. I nodded. Matilda knew everything, I explained it to her every single detail, about Clary and Jace. She knows about Clary's pregnancy and she felt bad when I told her. She understood it though that Clary's doing it for the sake of their baby.

"It's just sad..." Matilda murmured more likely to herself.

"I know. Thank you for everything..." I told her.

"It's nothing really..." She told me. I sighed.

"She seems very much in love with him..." She murmured again.

"The both of them are too much in love with each other..."

"I don't really understand, though. Why can't the rest of you, fights back. I mean maybe Valentine is bluffing..." She tells me. I chuckled, She's so smart that nothing can past her.

"Clary doesn't want to risk it. It's their babies are at stake. Maybe if Clary isn't pregnant, she'll fight back in every single way. Good nor bad. Maybe we are too. Even Jocelyn..." I told her. She only nodded.

"I think this is something more. I think that this is about Valentine. She still hates Jocelyn..." She tells me.

"That's what Jocelyn said..." I told her.

It was passed nine when Jace come over and fetched Matilda.

"How come you didn't tell me, that Tilds is coming?.." he asks me with a grin.

"I actually forgot that she's coming. She's still looking for places to rent, maybe you should help her..." I told him. Matilda looks at Jace with a smile, Jace smiles back and agreed.

"Where on earth the both of you going anyway?" I asked them.

"Eric's. It's time to give my new baby a try...." He says with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"By the Angel. Just be safe..." I told him and give Matilda a pointed look because I forgot to tell her about these things.

---------------------------------------
JACE

To be honest, it didn't shock me that Matilda is in here. What shocked me the most is that she didn't even texted me or call me that she'll be arriving. And now she's staying at my mom's. Matilda and I drifted when we were in sixth grade, she started doing stuff for my mom, she started modeling at a young age. We only get to see each other when my mom wanted me so bad in her events.

"So what brings you here in New York?" I asked her curiously, as we strut towards my car. She whistled the moment she saw it. Who wouldn't? It was a Bentley, the car Clary gave me.

"Your mom wanted me here. So I came. More likely she needed me here..." She told me as I, opened the car for her to get in. I get in and rev up.

"Where are we going anyway?"

"A party..." I told her with a smirk.

"A party? By the angel, I'm only wearing jeans. Jeans, Jace!" She exclaims.

"Relax, you look great. I told her..."

We drove from Manhattan to Bronx. And there she gasps as she saw where exactly are we.

"I guess nothing changed..." She said as we get out of the car. I chuckle. Right, when I first met Matilda we were in a party like this. A street party but she isn't a racer. She just loves going to parties like these.

We strut towards my friends. Jon, Izzy, Will, Tessa, Jem and Simon are talking to Eric when we arrived. I'm surprised the Will, Tessa, and Jem are here since they just found out about this last month.

"This is Matilda..." I introduce her to them, they all smiled and greeted her. But I know for a fact that Jon's smile faltered, seeing me with another girl. I guess we'll talk later. I introduced them to Matilda, Matilda telling me that she already know Izzy, since they have the same class.

"Are you done with Raphael?" I ask Jon. Matilda looked at the field where the ongoing race is.

"Who's racing?" She asks out of nowhere. Jon looks at her and smirks.

"My sister..." He told her. Matilda's facial expression morphed into an amusing one.

"I guess that's why Jace here is in love with her...." She said smirking at me.

"Well if you mean by the fact that Clary beat Jace before..." Jon said. Matilda laughed.

Clary arrived after with the crowd cheering for her, damn she looks so different as always whenever we go down here. She's wearing her black extensions, a baggy black shirt, and leather leggings. She looks beautiful as ever.

"Ohh. Hey.." She greeted me slyly. I greeted her back.

"Remember Matilda?" I ask her. She looks at Matilda and smiled.

"Yeah...." She gave her a curt nod and turned to Jon with a smirk.

"So that's another car, there. What do you plan on doing with it?.." She asks Jon. Jon chuckled as Eric, pats her on her head. Clary exclaims.

"Eric. You know how I hate it when you do that..." Eric only chuckled and gave Clary a kiss on her cheek.

"I can buy that if you'll sell it to me since I might be staying here for awhile..." Matilda stated. Clary smiled and agreed not being able to look at me in the eye.

"You're racing now?" I ask Matilda looking bewildered. She only nodded.

I smirk. "Well, why don't we give it a try?" I ask her. She raised and eyebrow at me while Jon and the others are murmuring some things that I'm going to lose.

"Yeah, sure..." Matilda agreed.

"Very well. Since I need to give my new car a try..." I told her. Clary looked at me with a questioning look.

"It's the Bentley..." I simply told her, she blushed and only nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------
CLARY

To be honest, I wasn't expecting Jace to bring Matilda in here, and I wasn't expecting at all that she can drive and the fact that she's Jace's friend, I know she knows a lot more about Jace. She also knew my brother so they must've been close like Aline and Jace were. I keep telling myself that I won't get jealous of anyone, who he would date. The fact that I did him wrong so badly, I need to get myself together, no matter what happens.

I need to protect this baby.

"You okay?" Jon ask, rubbing circles on my back. I blinked and look at him.

"I'm fine..." I stated.

"I know you. You don't look fine. This is why I didn't invite you here..." He stated.

"I'm fine Jon..." I told him. I looked at where Jace and Matilda went, they're so close like Nathan and me, they seems to have chemistry between them. But I know for a fact that Matilda isn't in love with her.

"Are you sure, you are alright, Clary?" Simon ask this time. I sighed.

"I said, I'm fine..." I told them and walked out. I got pissed I know. I ran off, leaving them behind, calling Nathan, asking him if I could crash at their house since I don't want to be alone, in my current penthouse.

X