Chapter Six - Dreams Are Sometimes A Harsh Reality

Chapter Six- Dreams Are Sometimes A Harsh Reality

«Adam»

Black. Everything's black. It been dark for a while. Mom's on a business trip, so I'm alone, or I wish I was.

"Adam?" He called out for me.

I covered my mouth, scooting back further into the corner. I didn't want him to find me, to get me. I've been alone for hours, or maybe days. I rather be alone for the rest of my life in this darkness, rather than have him spend days with me in it. He's the one who kept me here.

"Adam, come on don't hide, I love you." He said, his voice growing closer every word.

I crawled over to the closet. I knew where everything in this room was, I've been in here long enough to memorize every nook and cranny.

"Adam." His voice a whisper, but close enough for me to hear.

I wanted to scream, cry, but I won't dare give away my location. I was smarter than that. I crawled into the closet and hid behind the jackets, my back against the wall.

All of a sudden there was a steam of light. 'He has a flash light, now he can find me easily.' I thought, trying to go deeper into the closet. Hoping the walls would suck me in.

"Adam," he paused, the light flooding into the closet, blinding me. "I found you."

I looked down, my foot wasn't covered. My toes weren't covered by the jacket I hid myself in. I could laugh about how stupid I was. My toes! One of the smallest things on my body gave me away! One of the most easily things hidden!

"Come here Adam." He grabbed me and dragged me out. My nails dug into the floor borders, leaving scratch marks.

I started to cry. I didn't want this to happen again. So many times has this happened and I was nearing my end.

"Adam, you know I love you, right?" He whispered in my ear, holding me to his body.

"No!" I yelled and pushed him away. I fell onto the floor and began to crawl away. He grabbed me by the back of my neck, held me up in the air.

"Why do you always run away?" He asked, as if he didn't know the answer. "I'll just have to show you how much I love you then."

He moved and put me on something soft. A bed. A BED!

"NO! Please no! I love you! Don't! Don't!" I cried, thrashing around in his hold.

"I'll make you truly love me." He whispered, lifting my shirt.

"NO!" I screamed.

"Stop!" I yelled and thrashed around.

"Adam, calm down!" He grabbed me and held me still.

"Stop!" I screamed, my eyes held tight. I was too scared to open them.

"Adam," he wrapped his arms around me. "It's okay, calm down."

I slowly opened my eyes. It wasn't real, it was a dream. The one holding me was Jace.

"J-Jace?" I asked, unsure of what was going on.

"It's me." He said, scratch marks on his arms, and one on his face.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I said, tears streaming down my face.