Chapter Seventeen - Late Night Conversation

«Adam»

"Hey . . . hey . . . HEY!"

I shot up, blinking and looking around to have Tony in my face.

"W-What?" I asked, trying to get my eyes to focus on his face.

"Why the hell are you sleeping on the couch?"

"I . . . have no idea," I said, looking around and realizing I was in the living room on the couch. The last thing I remember was watching a stupid movie with Matt, who was no where to be seen. "What time is it?" I asked, yawning.

"It's ten o'clock," Tony said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to my feet. "What are you even doing here? Weren't you at that loser farmer's?"

I pushed his hand off, glaring. "His name is Jace and I was there but now I'm here. Get over it." I turned and started to walk away, only to be grabbed and turned back.

He held both of my arms, harshly keeping me in place. "What about what happened last night?" he asked.

"I may be the son of a witch, but I don't have a magic ball to see what happened last night."

"Can you be serious?" Tony gritted out, gripping my arms harder.

"Can you be realistic? I mean, seriously," I shot back trying to get out of his hold.

He glared at me, his gripping getting to the point of pain.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, raw anger in his voice.

"Ask my mother, she seems to know everything that's wrong with me." I smirked, still trying to get away.

He sighed, loosening his grip. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice holding no concern at all.

"As soon as I get away from you I will be," I snapped, finally pulling away from him.

"Fine, I'll leave it be now, but I want answers tomorrow," Tony said, trying to act calm as his hands were in fists.

"Sure," I said and started to walk away. "Come get answers at school when I'm with Kevin."

"Adam!" Tony started but I ran upstairs.

I went to my room, which I still shared with Tony. That stupid cow of a mother still hadn't gotten me my own room, which I hated.

After I plugged in my phone, I threw off my pants, jumped in bed and opened the window next to me. Then I realized the last thing I was, was tired.

Tony walked in after a while, being as quiet as he could. He stripped, and I just watched.

Even if he was an ass, he was a hot ass.

Finally he just got into bed and went to sleep. I sighed, staring up at the ceiling hoping to fall asleep.

It didn't help that the ceiling was plain white.

I checked my phone only to see it was now one in the morning and that God was probably laughing at me right now. I flopped down on my pillow and closed my eyes hoping to drift off into a rainbow filled dream.

"Adam," I heard a whisper way to close and shot up. Jace was in my window, shushing me. "It's not safe to leave your window open with a tree right next to it."

"Says the criminal climbing in it; what are you even doing here?" I asked, somewhat frustrated.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay," he sighed, scratching the back of his head.