Chapter X - The Accents

*Just a small filler chapter I wanted to make. Kevin will come into the story at a later time. (°~°)*

Chapter X - The Accents

«Jace»

"GAH!" I screamed and fell out of bed. I was soaked in ice cold water. I looked up to see my mother laughing.

"Your reaction was the best!" She laughed, dropping the bucket next to my head.

"You're crazy!" I yelled, scrabbling to get up.

"Boy," my father walked in, "don't ya be sassin' yo mother now, ya hear?"

I sighed. My dad was a terrifying man. Twice my size and that's not counting his muscles. Last time I "sassed" mom, I got a good right hook. I deserved it of course, let's just say I was outta line... and the line was a few miles away.

"Sorry pops."

"Not to me, to yo mother."

I stood up in front of my mom. "Sorry mom."

She smiled and hug me, without actually touching me. "It's fine, I mean it's my fault for pouring ice water on you," She laughed. "Now, how about we go get two buckets and wake up your brother?"

I smiled. "Now that's a plan."

We went down stairs, and mom and I grabbed a bucket. I turned around to run into my dad's chest.

He grabbed the bucket from me. "Thanks boy."

"What? That for me." I tried to grab it back but dad took a step away.

Mom laughed as she filled her bucket with ice. "Did you think I meant you and me waking up your bother?"

"Well... yeah."

Dad gave a loud - extremely terrifying - laugh. "We made ya both, now both of us should torment y'all."

"Breakfast is on the table Jace!" Mom yelled as both her and dad ran upstairs. I sighed and sat down. My parents were crazy, but I still loved them.

Mom made eggs, bacon, pancakes, and grits. I smiled, there were only grits on my plate. No one else like them but me, and mom still took the time to make them. She is the best mom ever.

"Holy mother of god!" Charlie screamed.

"Ha ha ha! Feeling cold little boy?" I heard mom yell. I laughed, I guess she could be a little bold some times.

I ate my food before Charlie would come running down and blame me for mom and dad's prank. I'm just glad I only got one bucket.

I finished and ran upstairs into my room. I locked the door right before there was banging on it.

"JACE! Why didn't you warn me about mom and dad? You brat!" Charlie yelled.

"Sorry bro, just be glad you didn't get it as bad as me." Laughing, I ran into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. My alarm went off and I looked down at my phone. It was 7:46 a.m. If I didn't leave for school soon I would be late, and I can't be late again. I also have a friend now, so I have a reason to go to school on time.

I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. I started putting my shoes on when Charlie came up.

"Why you in such a rush? You're always late, does it really matter?" Charlie yawned.

"I just want to get to school on time, is that so bad?" I defended myself.

Charlie smirked. "You would only go to school on time if you had a reason, what is it?"