Chapter Thirteen - Secrets Reveled

«Adam»

Cold, ice water completely drenched me. The water was really wet.

"That's what you get for throwing me under the bus!" Someone yelled.

I just laid there. My body aching and head pounding like never before. The dumb bitch got me good last night. It was the first time she used something other than her fist if you don't count throwing plates and whatnot.

"Charlie! What are you doing?" I heard Jace stomp into the room.

I tried to ignore him, wrapping my arms around Duke who was still laying with and on me.

"Wait, then whose that with Duke?" Charlie asked.

"It my friend Ad- wait, what the fuck!?" Jace yelled, his steps coming closer towards me.

Duke's head raised off my neck and he started to growl.

"Why is Duke growling at you?" I heard Charlie ask confused.

"He won't let me touch Adam," Jace cursed again. "Dad! Come here!" My head completely exploded in response to his voice. I scooted closer to Duke, trying to calm down.

"Boy, there better be a reason yer yellin' so much in the mornin," Rick said stomping in.

"Look at Adam," he said, making me internally sigh.

I heard Rick's loud freaking stomps come closer to me. Duke started growling like crazy and Rick just laughed.

"Shut up mutt," He said, grabbing Duke by the collar and pulling him off the bed, pulling me off at the same time. I fell, hitting the floor with a loud thud.

It hurt more than being hit by a truck.
I didn't move, more like I couldn't. Everything hurt, and the pain was just consistit. Having gravity rudely pull me to the ground and slamming me against the floor didn't help much either.

"Dad! You threw him on the floor!" Jace knelled down, rolling me over. "Adam, you're awake? Are you okay?"

I just stared at him, taking a deep breath I smiled. "Yeah, I feel great."

"Why do ya have a whole bunch of bruises boy?" Rick asked.

I looked down at my shirt. It was white and wet so it was practically see through. My body was a canvas of black and blue.

"What happened?" Mary walked in, making me sigh. This situation was only going down hill.

I forced myself to stand despite the pain. "Nothing, this Charlie guy just threw some water one me." I laughed.

"Then what about this?" Jace grabbed me, pulling up my shirt.

Not only was I uncomfortable, I was one momement away from a full fledged freak out.

"Stop it," I snapped, grabbing his hands and trying to pull them off my shirt. My arms hurt from blocking the bat and holding Jace's hand was hard enough, let alone prying them off me.

"What happened last night?" Jace growled, pulling my shirt up higher and touching my side. I hated it.

"Stop. Stop. Stop. LET ME GO!" I push against him, and he finally let me go.

"Everyone down stairs now!" Rick yelled making everyone jump. Rick stomped out of the room and everyone followed including the dog.

We all sat at their dunning table, silent and uncomfortable. "Where did ya go last night?" Rick asked, his eyes trained on me.