Chapter Twenty-Nine - Apologies

Chapter Twenty-Eight - Apologies

«Adam»

"Adam," a voice lightly called my name. I was surrounded by warmth, a comforting feeling. A steady thumping sound in my ear, the steady heave of breath joining it. "Adam, wake up," this voice said, a hand now on my cheek, a thumb lightly caressing it.

I opened my eyes slightly, seeing Tony smile down at me. "Leave me alone," I groaned, closing my eyes, shuffling closer to him.

"Aren't you just a ray of sunshine," he scuffed, his chest vibrating a bit as he chuckled. He leaned down, he lips lightly touching my ear. "If you like me that much we can stay in bed all day."

My eyes went wide as I realized what I was doing and who I was doing it with. My face flushed and I gripped Tony's shirt as I cringed.

"Are you blushing?" he asked, only making me become redder.

I pushed myself away from him, sitting up and looking out towards the window. "Why would I be blushing!" I defended myself, crossing my arms.

Tony grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. He had a smirk on his face and a giant black eye. "Because you're with me of course."

"What happened?" I grabbed his face, tilting it to the side to check of the black bulge that used to be his eye.

"Jace's dad punched me in the face when I ran into his house," he laughed, placing his hands over mind.

"This is all my fault!" I groaned, turning towards him.

"No," he started, "it's not your fault. It's Jace's and that guy's fault for locking you in a closet and practically giving you a panic attack."

I held back pointing out the assholes did give me a panic attack. "I shouldn't have called you," I said, taking my hands back.

He held them, making sure I was paying attention to him. "It was good you called me, because now you're safe and better, right?"

"But Tony, your--"

"Right?" He repeated.

" . . . Right," I agreed reluctantly.

"So, next time you start feel bad, or endangered, just call me, okay?"

"Thank you," I whispered, looking over towards the wall avoiding his eye.

Tony took his hands from mine, I ignored how much I missed the warmth.

"Well, we need to get ready for school," he smiled, sliding off that bed and walking over to his side of the room. He took off his shirt, turning towards his dresser, exposing his chest which was covered in bruises and scratch marks.

I jumped up, running over to him. "How did that happen?" I somewhat yelled, placing my hands lightly on his chest.

"Probably when you started to struggle after you blacked out," he said looking down at me. I traced one of the scratches, his chest tensing under my touch.