Chapter Twenty-Seven - Back in the Closet

«Adam»

I was laying on Jace's bed, Duck on top of me while I scrolled through Instagram. It had been hours since I stomped up stairs. Jace never came up, and the sound of laughter came up from downstairs time and time again. My stomach was growling, but I ignore it.

Though, I couldn't ignore it when Duck's stomach growled. 

"Come on," I sighed, sitting up and having Duck jump down. "I can stave but I can't let you starve."

We walked down stairs, the sound of laughter only getting louder as we made out way to the kitchen. I walked in, everyone covered in flour. Jace and Cam in the corner, laughing at each other as they threw little pieces of dough at the other.

They looked more like a couple than Jace and I did.

No one notice me, so I walked in quietly, staying close to the wall to avoid everyone. They kept the dog food in the pantry which was pretty much just a closest in the kitchen. I got there, opened the door and got the food out. They only noticed me when the rumble of food into a dish erupted into the air.

The laughter stopped.

"Adam," Mary said, wiping some of the flour from her face. "I didn't notice you came down."

"I know," I said simply a layer of tension hanging in the room. I continued in response to the silence. "Duck was hungry."

"Oh!" Mary smiled, clapping her hands together. "You must be starving, I made all the things I know you love!"

"I'm not hungry," I said, putting a stop to her grabbing a plate and silver wear.

"W-We are making pies if you want to help," She offered, giving a strained smile. 

"Once Duck is done, we'll just go back upstairs," I said, Duck glancing up at me from the sound of his name. There was a silence, one that weighed on everyone, even Cam who couldn't enjoy the situation. "Just act like I'm not here."

I crouched down next to Duck, petting his head as he continued to chomp down. Once he finish, I stood and started out of the room surprised everyone's stares didn't burn a hole in me. 

"Adam!" Mary called out, making me turn towards her. "I'm sorry," she said, gripping her hands together.

"So am I," I sighed, walking out of the room with a weight like never before on my shoulders. 

I was half way up the stairs before Cam ran out of the kitchen flour covered. "Wait, Adam, are you okay?" he asked.

I smirked, turning on the stairs to face him. "That's not what you came here to say."

A smirk of his own formed on his face. Cam walked up the stairs, standing right in front on me only one step down. "Pretty smart for a blonde."

"Pretty dumb for a brunette," I shot back.

"My hair is black," he defended.

"Yeah, cheaply dyed black."

We stood there, glaring at each other before he finally decided to say something. "Why don't we go up stairs, I want to get this flour off."

"Sure, but I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference between the flour and your pale ass anyway," I said before turning and walking up the stairs.

"So," Cam said as we got to the top, "how long have you and Jace been dating?"

"How long are you going to ask questions you already know the answer to?"

"I like you," he beamed, mischief in his eyes.

"Too bad I can't say the same."

"Have you two have sex yet?" 

That question made me stop in my steps. "What?"

"You know, Jace is a real animal in bed if you know what I mean," Cam said, knocking elbows with me.

"What?" I growled, glaring at him with all my might. 

"Oh!" He said, covering his mouth in fake shock. "He didn't tell you? I was Jace's first, in both relationship way and sex, lots and lots of sex."

"You're lying, Jace would have told me," I snapped, pushing past him into Jace's room.

"Really? I mean, sure we weren't your traditional boyfriends, but we did tumble around in the sheets," he chuckled, opening the closet and taking out clothes and a towel. 

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, turning as he walked around me. 

"Why wouldn't I? You're obviously just a subsitute for me since I moved away, I mean look at us, we look almost the same! Same height, same figure, almost the same face. Hell, the only difference between us is your blonde hair, blue eyes, and un-pierced body." He took a step towards me and I took a step back. 

"I think you forgot my better personality," I said, a smirk on my face despite my conflicted feelings. 

"See?" he grabbed my chin, bring our faces close together. "Just like me, that fire in your eyes, those snarky come back, you're my replacement."

I slapped his hand away. "I am not  your replacement," I sneered, "Jace is my boyfriend because he likes me."

"Or is it because he like the image of me you give off?" 

"Shut up!" I yelled, taking a step back as he took another step forward.

"We may be similar, but there is one thing that separates us the most."

"And what's that?"

His smile went wide. "I'm not as fucked you as you," He said, pushing me back with all his strength. I fell back, landing in a pile of coats and coats.

He pushed me in the closet.

"Wait!" I yelled leaping forward as he slammed the door shut. Darkness consumed the small area, fear consumed my body. 

"Don't worry!" his amused voice came muffled though the door. "I'll be taking a shower in the next room over, so no one will hear you as long as they stay down stair!"

"Wait!" I yelled grabbing the knob, trying to open the door. It was locked, I was locked in.

I heard Cam laugh, his foot steps slowly becoming silent as the sound of a shower was all I hear.

I sat there, memories filling my head as a voice slowly formed with them.

"Adam," my mind reminded me of his voice, my body reminded me of his touch. 

"Don't you love your daddy?"