Chapter Twenty-Four - Waking into the Never Forgotten Past

Chapter Twenty-Four - Walking into the Never Forgotten Past

«Adam»

I sighed, scratching behind Duck's ears as he laid on me. I was at the point of suffocation but he seemed content semi-killing me so I left him be.

Thanksgiving was one week away and I needed to figure out were to go during it. Jena was going to kick me out until Sunday and I didn't want to ruin Jace's family dinner. Duke was going to have to come with me so I wouldn't want to force him to sleep in the park and get bugs and stuff in his fur.

I sighed again, making Duke whine. I scratched behind his ear calming him down again.

"Maybe I can leave you with Jace?" I asked him, making Duke glance over at me but ignore me in the end.

"Leave who with me?" Jace asked, walking into the living room and sitting in a love seat near the right of the couch.

"Duck," I said, making his tail voilenty whip my legs.

"Why? You know he hates everyone but you," he pointed out, flipping through the channels on the TV.

"Well, Jena is going to kick me out over Thanksgiving weekend and I need someone to take care Duck for a few day."

"What about you?" Jace asked, finally turning off the tevelison and throwing the remote on the table.

"I was planning on staying in a park since I don't really have any friends here so a park bench is my next best choice."

"You have a boyfriend," Jace pointed out, almost sounding offended.

"Oh yeah, forgot about him," I said, smirking as Jace playfully glared at me. "So, gonna take care of my dog wonderful loving boyfriend?" I asked, giving a toothy smile.

"Do you one better," Jace said, standing up and walking over to me. "I'll take the care of the dog and the owner." He leaned down and kissed me, making Duck give a dangerously low growl. I tapped his nose lightly, making him glare at my before laying his head down on my chest again.

"I don't want to ruin your Thanksgiving."

"You won't," he said, sitting on the coffee table in front of me. "My mom would be more than happy to have you eat with us."

It was true. Jace's mom was gay crazy and I happened to fit in that category.

I asked, "Are you sure? I mean, Thanksgiving is a family thing."

Jace scuffed, "We invite everyone and to my mom you're more of a son than Charlie and I."

I sat up, Duck jumping off me in surprise. "That's not true, she only likes me because I'm your boyfriend or she just pities me."

"No one pities you Adam, what happened wasn't your fault. We just understand that."

"What wasn't his fault?" A voice growl. We both turned to see Tony glaring at us.

"It's not my fault I have to deal with you on a daily basis," I smirked as he scowled at me.

"Get up," he ordered, walking towards the front door. "Amy wants us to go on a besties outing with her to the mall today." Tony's voice reflected a bit of disgust as the word besties fell from him mouth.

"What if we don't want to go?" I asked,  crossing my arms.

Tony said, "Then I'll tell her you told me you didn't want to spend your Thursday with an annoying bitch who's only skill is texting gossip like a twelve year old hermit."