Chapter X - Sleeping Beauty

«Tony»

I lightly ran my fingers down his face, his nose crinkling a bit before he nuzzled into me again. He was beautiful and this was bliss.

But also a nightmare.

My heart wrench remembering his tears. Screaming in pure fear as he held me, so scare he couldn't stand, so angry he beat someone down.

I wanted to know everything that happened, I needed to know everything that happened.

I was scared to know everything that happened.

Anger filled me as I thought of Jace. He knew what happened, and let his friend lock Adam in a closet for who know how long before he called me.

And he called me, not Jace.

That said something.

Adam was trusting me more, despite our fights, screaming matches, and threats. I was the one he thought of in his darkest moments, I was the one he wanted to rescue him. I was the one he wanted.

But Jace was in the way.

Though, Adam did care about Jace, after today, I wasn't so sure, but it was there. The way Adam looked at him, the way Adam blushed, the way Adam smiled as they held hands. The way he was everything I wanted him to be with me, but with Jace instead. As much as I hated it, I couldn't hurt Adam like that. I couldn't make Adam hate me again.

He shifted, mumbling as his hands grabbed my shirt, pulling it towards him a bit. As if to make sure I wouldn't wonder off.

I stared at Adam, studying him. His hair was pure blonde, and his skin fair, a light tan that kept him from being called pale. His features were almost as delicate as a girl's, but held more beauty. His eye lashes were long, and cheeks puffy from crying so much. 

I wish I could stop his tears, watching him cry hurt me more than I ever thought. I could feel the need to cry with him, the need to wrap him in my arms.

The need to kiss him, and tell him everything was going to be okay.

But that, I couldn't do.

I began to think, when did I start liking Adam?

At the wedding I thought he was cute, which was a first for me, and after he punched me, I beat down all good thoughts about him. But they all kept piling up inside. How adorable it was when he made a lame joke and tried to defend it. How close he would get when angry and giving me small insults to rile me up. How close we almost came to kissing, our faces so close, our lips almost connected.

How hot he looked pinned beneath me, even if we were both angry, I felt something.

And I knew he felt it too.

Between us was fireworks, a spark ready to explode into the Fourth of July celebration. We always came so close to setting off those firework; the fuse burning, so close to going off. Only to have someone interrupt, dumping water on the fuse, pulling us apart.

The feeling of his hands on me was heaven. He traced me muscles, as if discovering something he had never explored, something he want to explore.

Something I really wanted him to fucking explore.

I reached down, brushing my thumb across his bottom lip. Soft, delicate, beautiful, amazing. Adam was all of these and more.

I was falling too fast, too far.

But damn, I was enjoying every second of it.

I wanted Adam to feel the same way, and to a point I knew he did. I knew he wanted to kissing me, I've seen his eyes wonder my body when I changed. I knew the way he felt, arms wrapped around my shoulders, leaning in.

I wanted him to tell me. To show me. I didn't want him to cry, scream, fight in such a desperation that made everyone around him crumble in a similar depression with him.

Sighing, I leaned down a bit, pressing my lips on his head, his hair smelling of the stupid strawberry shampoo he used.

The only thing I could do now was hold him, wishing I could wake up my strawberry smelling sleeping beauty up with a real kiss.