Chapter Twenty-Eight - Thank You

«Adam»

I sat in the back, closing my eyes, opeong them in hope to see light. Holding back a scream as something touched me. Grazing across my skin, threatening to come alive and grab me.

I stopped banging on the door, my fears of being found, not being found, being pulled out making my body seize in confusion of what to do.

If you scream you can be found.

If you try to break out you will give away your only safe space.

You will be found.

You will be pulled out.

Then, you have a real reason to scream.

"What do you think about running away? We could be together you and me, alone forever," His words played in my mind, the endless repeation of his words, his actions.

"You have no idea how much I love you, so much more than your mother, so much more than life itself," he would always say such sweet things. As if I was his lover, his one and only.

As if I wasn't his son.

I cried, clawing at my own skin, trying to escape the prison of my own body. If everyone body was a temple, my was cracked and crumbling.

I wanted it to fall apart completely.

My phone gave a small vibrate, reminding me I was not longer a small child, that I no longer had to cower in the corner of a small closet. I scrambled to get my phone out of my pocket, the light blinding as the screen light up. I needed to call Jace, I need to get him to let me out. I needed him to save me.

But then I saw Tony's name.

I remembered screaming the moment he took my phone, putting in his number. I remembered punching him in the face, him hitting me back, pinning me down. I remembered our screams of hate towards each other.

I remembered the way I felt in his arms when I cried. I remembered the words he said that made it easy to breath. I remembered the feeling of his skin on mine.

Before I knew it I had already pressed his name, my hands shaking as I held the phone to my ear.

"Hey, this really isn't a good time," Tony said, his voice sounding defeated.

"Tony," I cried, my voice quiet and strained.

"Adam? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice now frantic.

"I was locked in a closet!" I cried out, gripping my hair to distract me. The pain both helped me focus but began to rise other memories I had buried deep inside. "Tony, please, help me," I pleaded, wanting him to come and get me. Wanting him to save me.

"You're at Jace's right?" He said, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Yes," I cough, bile raising in my mouth.