Chapter Thirty-Six - Pushed and Forgotten

«Adam»

I woke up, wrapped in warmth. I opened my eyes to come face to face with Duke who sat on the floor in front of me. On top of me was Duck who radiated heat like an exploding sun.

As I shifted, Duck jumped off, stepping all over me. I groaned as I sat up, blinking to get my eye adjusted. It was early, the morning sunlight pouring into the windows.

Surprisingly, I was actually hungry. I got up and skulked to the kitchen, trying not to make any noise. No one was up, which was really odd since they usually got up around five and were already working.

"Here, guys," I whispered, getting out the dog food and feeding them. They chowed down while I got a bowl of cereal, eating slowly, but not slow enough for my cereal to become a disgusting mesh of food.

I thought of yesterday, a lot of regret, guilt, and shame filled me. I never made things up to Jace, I got everyone into a fight, and flipped out on Mary. Looking at my forearms there were scratches were I had clawed at myself. It was stupid of me.

I need to apologize to everyone, but Cam of course. I needed to fix things with Jace and move past all of this. He knew were I was now, and would most likely come back the first chance he got. Ignoring that fact I thought of Jace. 

He wasn't happy with me, obviously. I was a fuck up and I was fucked up which was both literally and figuratively. And Jace's main word to describe me was pathetic which I in no way could refute. I was completely pathetic in all feasible fashions. 

Duck scratched at his bowl, signalling me that he was done while Duke continued to lick the sides of his metal bowl to get every speck of anything that he could eat. I picked up the bowls, putting them up.

The thought hit me, I could make hot chocolate. I jumped at the thought, getting out all of the stuff to make it. Giving it to Jace was the perfect idea. We could drink it together, and talk and there is nothing better that hot chocolate on a nice morning. This could work, this would work. This would keep us together. This would keep us on the cliff, maybe even walking away from it.

I made two big cups, lucky enough to find some small marshmallows to put in them. Picking up the cups I maneuvered myself out the door and went up the stairs quietly. I wanted to surprise him.

I crept up to the door, walking into the door way and freezing.

There was Jace and Cam, on the bed, kissing.

Jace was pushing up against Cam, leaning over him, as Cam had his arms wrapped around him. He opened his eyes, seeing me and struggling not to smile. He pulled away from Jace, making sure he was facing him so Jace couldn't see me. 

"What about Adam?" Jace gasped out, sliding his hands up Cam's shirt.

Cam reached up, caressing Jace's face. "What about him? It's obvious it's not working. Use me, since he doesn't care." He leaned forward lightly kissing Jace.

"Maybe you have a point," Jace mumbled against his lips.

Cam smiled, looking directly at me, "I  always do."

I couldn't even speak, I was both shocked and not. Expecting this while believe it would never happen. I was angry, furious, but more than that I was hurt, my chest feeling a pressure like never before. I felt betrayed on so many level, I felt so stupid. I was so stupid. Jace did what I never expected him to ever to. He pushed me off the cliff.

I turned to leave, one of the mugs slipping out of my hand. I tried to catch it, with no luck and the ceramic cup shattered against the ground. I froze in the door way, as if it would make me invisible and the loud shatter nothing but a whisper of air.

They broke apart, Jace looking at me in pure shock and horror. "Adam!" he yelled standing.

I couldn't do this. I turned and ran as fast as I could, stomping down the stairs. "Duck!" I screamed, the scatter of nails on hard wood floor before I even finished saying his name. "Car!" I yelled as I saw him at the bottom of the stairs. He bolted for the front door while I went for the living room to grab my car keys.

"Adam! Stop!" Jace yelled only a few steps behind me. I practically threw the mug I was carrying on the coffee table, scooping up my key and getting to the door.

I flung the door open, Duck bolting out towards my car. I jumped in my shoes, not bothering to put them on correctly. I followed behind Duck, fumbling with my key to unlock the car door. Duck and I got in right as Jace was close enough to grab me. He slammed his hands on the window, yelling at me.

"Adam! Don't go!" he yelled, pulling at the door handle even though it was locked. I ignored him, starting the car and pulling out slowly so I wouldn't run over his foot of something. My speed slowly increase until Jace was at a full run, slamming on my window and yelling at me to stop. I accelerated forward, making Jace fall. I drove off, refusing to look back in one of the mirrors.

The car ride was silent, and Duck laid his head on my lap. He knew something was wrong and it was his way of helping. 

Pulling into my driveway I finally broke down as I parked. A single tear running down my face turning into an endless stream down my cheeks. I walked up the driveway, silently crying while Duck followed whining at my feet. 

I walked inside, kicking my shoes off and walking past the living room towards the stairs.

"Adam?" I turned to see Tony standing in the middle of the living room, weights in his hands. "What's wrong?" he asked.

A knot formed in my throat and I ran up the stairs, struggling to keep quiet. Tony ran behind me his stomps loud. I got to our room, and slammed the door. Tony broke it open, not even trying to door nob. The splintered wood flew into the air.

He stomped over to me, grabbing my arms. "What happened?"

This time I wailed, pushing away from him. "I don't deserve to be happy!"

"Adam--"

"I was just a replacement and it's my fault! Everything is my fault! I was stupid enough to think someone could love me," I yelled, the tears continued to fall.

"Adam please," Tony said.

"I'm so pathetic, I'm so--"

Tony let me go, grabbed my face, and kissed me. I went ridge, paralyzed from head to toe.

He pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine. "Please," he whispered, as much pain as I had in his eyes. "Please stop crying."

"It hurts," I whined out, holding onto his arms.

"I can make you forget," he whispered, a hand sliding to the back of my head, pulling me close. He kiss me, this time deeper. I felt my whole being quake, like fire works going off inside me.

I pulled away, "Make me forget," I whispered against his lips.

Tony kissed me, pushing me back until we fell onto the bed. His hands on my waist, under my shirt. My hands in his hair, gripping the cloth on his back.

I let myself forget about Jace and allowed both my mind and body to be captivated by Tony alone.