Chapter Twelve - Break In

«Adam»

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down in the dark. Other than the moon light coming through the window, there was nothing. Just the cool blackness of night that I hated.

"Jace," I whispered, getting no response. He was asleep, which was what I needed. 

Slowly, I got up, trying my best to get my legs back from under the two ton dog on them. I got free, only to have a hand grab my arm. It took everything in my body not to scream bloody murder like a banshee.

"Adam?" Jace's drowsy voice shot out, "where are you going?"

"Bathroom," I huffed out, trying to keep myself from hyperventilating.

"First door to the right," he yawned before falling back to sleep. His grip on my arm went lax and his hand slid off my arm.

I sighed, slowly sliding off the bed onto the ground. Duke shot up, making me jump from the fast movement of his shadow. He jumped of the bed with a loud thump that made me cringe.

"Can you be any louder Gigantor?" I whispered, walking out of the room.

Duke followed me, nipping at my heels every few steps. It was like he was trying to stop me by making me fall.

"Enough!" I whisper snapped at him when I got the the front door. I sat down to put my shoes on only to be knocked over and viciously attacked by Duke's tongue. "Stop it!"

I pushed him off, wiped my face, and put my shoes on. "Okay," I said turning towards Duke, "I'll be back in an hour or two, so just wait you aggressive fur ball." And I quietly slipping out of the house.

I cringed at every loud noise I made outside on the way to my car. It only took about thirty minutes to get to my house which was spent singing anime openings.

My house looked like some vampire house in the dark - which made sense since there was an undead woman inside. But it was cold and dark and the perfect night to commit a BNE on my own house to steal my own things.

With the wonderful key I stole from the evil witch when we first moved in, I walked right though the front door with satisfaction.

Slowly and quietly, I closed the door and made my journey into the dark. It scared the carp out of me, but I just cleared my mind. I knew where all the exits were and it's not like I was going to get caught by anyone. I was alone, which I was thankful for.

I ran upstairs and slowly opened the door to my room. Tony was sleeping in his bed, bare chest and messy hair. I wanted to hit him, since he was so defenseless, but unfortunately I had bigger crimes to commit.

I grabbed a duffle bag from the closet and opened the dresser drawer. Tony shot up and I fell to the ground, holding the duffle bag to my chest. It was almost completely pitch black other than the moonlight coming through the window.

Tony looked around lazily for a second then laid back down. I held my breath waiting a few minutes before standing back up and shoving clothes in my bag. I tip toed out of the room as soon as I could, just leaving the door open to not make more noise.

Strategically, I made my way down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Since I was there, I should get a snack for being such a good thief - I mean it's literally common sense.

I opened the fridge, only to see a whole bunch of healthy crap. Then it hit me, Jena was trying to do health life style all over again. She was probably going to fail, which was the only thing she could do.

I sighed, closing the door only to see a body figure next to me carrying a bat. They raise the bat over their head and swung. I put my hands up in defense, the bat hitting my arms and sending me down onto the floor. After a second look, it was Jena holding the bat in her hands.

"Fuck!" I yelled as she raised the bat and trying to hit my legs. I moved them the crack of the bat against the floor ran shivers down my spine. If she hit me with that swing, my leg would have broken. "It's me!" I scream, scrabbling onto my feet.

"Yeah," she said in a rough voice, "I know." And she swung again, this time hitting the left side of my ribs.

I yelled out in pain, holding my side and tripping over my own legs. As I fell she raise the thing above her head and it came down right on my stomach making the air in my chest come out.

"You're fucking crazy!" I coughed out, trying my best to stand.

"And you're fucking disgusting. Crawling around in the dark just like your father you sick bastard!" She scream, the bat connecting with my back.

All the air escaped my lungs again, throwing me back into a coughing fit.

"Jena!" I heard Jerry along with foot steps down the stairs.

She looked over and I took the opportunity to run. I forced myself to stand and staggered out, running past Jerry and running straight into a chest. I looked up to see Tony, his eyes went wide as he recognized me.

"Adam?" He asked and I pushed him with all my strength, running out the front door.

As fast as I could, I got in my car and drive off. The drive felt longer than before.

When I got to Jace's I practically fell into his house. Stumbling and tripping over myself like a drunk man. Everything hurt, my body felt like it would fall apart any moment.

Duke stared up at me, sitting on the stairs. It was like he was trying to say I told you so.

"Oh, shut up," I gave in response of his glare, leaning against the banister. I stared to walk up, Duke following behind, stopping every time I did. Walking hurt, breathing hurt.

Finally, after about twenty breaks I was finally in Jace's room. I dropped the duffel bag and climbed onto the bed, not even bothering to get under the covers.

Duke jumped up and laid next to me, placing his head on my neck. I just let him, he was like a heater too, which wasn't bad.

After all this, there was only one thing that bothered me.

She compare my to him.

I wasn't anything like . . . My father.