XXXIII

I wake up to the piercing sound of my alarm clock. Groaning, I get out of bed. My head hurts, and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I shouldn't have gotten so drunk. Why do I listen to Zeke? I'm so stupid... "Did you have fun last night?"

Eric's face is now full of piercings, so many that I lose count. "What's it to you?" Eric smirks. "Just asking. Is there a problem?" I roll my eyes. "Look, Eric, I'm not in the mood for your interrogations. My head feels like it's about to explode, so, please, leave me alone, will you?"

I try to step around him, but he lays a hand on my arm. "Certainly, your Highness. Just remember, as long as you stay out of my way, we'll get along just fine."

I shrug off his hand and push past him. His threats would never work. He wouldn't take Marcus's place as my permanent tormentor. I smile as I remember Cassandra's friendly, welcoming gaze, and hurry off to change before today's training.

Once I'm dressed and somewhat presentable, I head off to the Pit, hungry as ever. I take a seat next to Cassandra and grab the apple on her tray. "Hey, that's mine!" Her fingers touch mine for a second as she grabs the apple and I blush.

"Oh, whatever, take it." Lauren and Zeke come over and sit across from us, arguing just like always. "Where'd you guys go last night? You left us hanging." Cassandra raises an eyebrow. "Didn't think either of you would mind."

Lauren smiles. "Well, you thought wrong. Now you have to make it up to us. We'll go out again tonight. I won't take no for an answer." Cassandra shakes her head. "Sorry, I can't... we have training and I actually do want to become a member of this faction, so I need to focus on training right now. How about next week or something?"

Lauren sighs. "Fine. Be that way." Zeke turns to look at me. "So, did you guys have fun last night?" I take a bite out of the apple, and Cassandra looks at me for a second before answering. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess we did."