XXXVII Fault

"What are you doing here?" a voice interrupted the crocodile.

Blue and the animal beneath her looked up, shocked and embarrassed, only to find the 2nd prince of Arvagonia, Elvis, looking down at them. He seemed pretty disturbed by the scene before him. 

"What are you doing, Guardian?" he scowled and she tried to stand up but the crocodile stopped her with his tail and growled at Elvis. 

"Shufus, what are you-" she started but Shufus slowly stood up on his hind legs, his tail still holding Blue, until he transformed into huge, muscular man. 

Blue gasped and almost yelled but Elvis didn't seem to bat a lash. 

"You! Why are you here?!" Shufus yelled at Elvis. 

"I asked this question first" he said, bluntly. 

"No, you didn't."

"Leave her alone."

"I think you should leave her alone!"

"This is getting awkward so I suggest that you bow before me and leave at once."

"Well let it become awkwarder and leave before I break you to pieces."

"I doubt you can, shape-shifter."

"Do you want to witness it?" Shufus prepared his fists to land one on Elvis's face but Blue just let out a distressed sound and they both moved their attention point at her.

"Stop it already! This is already super awkward. The flowers are going to bloom any moment now, so why don't we enjoy the festival as we are supposed to?" she scolded them. 

"He started first!" they said at the same time. "Stop copying me! No, you stop copying me! My lady/Guardian!" they looked at her in a very comical way so that Blue just started laughing. 

***

"That was Blue" Green and Black said from the places they were.

***

"Now, let's go back-"

"I will come back" Elvis said, and he snapped his fingers and disappeared. 

"Well, that was awkward" Shufus said and changed his form into the one of a 10 years old boy, dressed in a suit and with glasses. 

"You can turn into a person!"

"Ah, excuse my selfishness, my lady. I truly am able to transform into anything I want or need, actually. I considered that this is the best power I could ask to protect you, my lady."

"Stop it with the 'my lady' thing. I don't want to be called that."

"Sorry, my lady."

"You-" she was interrupted by the crackling sound of the flowers blooming. They looked up at the sky and it was pitch black, with the huge white moon reigning between billions of stars. 

First, the sunflowers opened their petals and revealed a shiny ring, resembling the sun they saw on the sky. Then, the moonflowers opened, revealing the moonring, which looked exactly like the moon they were seeing. Their brilliance was only surpassed by the sun and the moon themselves. 

Blue understood that she was supposed to take one now. She reached to the closest sunring and put it on her finger. It fit perfectly on her long, white finger, and looked good with her blue manicure. Her hand now resembled a summer sky.